Whipped Ricotta… aka the EASIEST dip ever! Made with just 4 simple ingredients, this creamy dip is delicious with your favorite crackers, veggies, or bread… and makes a perfect addition to so many recipes!
Everyone loves a good party dip, and when you find one that’s both easy AND delicious? There’s nothing better!
This Whipped Ricotta is literally one of the easiest recipes ever… not only because it’s made with just 4 ingredients… but because it’s ready in just 5 minutes!
It’s surprisingly creamy and flavorful – between the fresh herbs, the garlic, and the salt – and it’s one of those dips you end up loving way more than you think you should.
As a bonus… this recipe doubles as a creamy spread to add to appetizers, sandwiches, and more! So go ahead… make a double batch. I promise you won’t regret it!
The ingredient list for this recipe is short, which is one of the things I love so much about it! A few important notes: not all ricotta is created equal. My FAVORITE brand by far is Belgioioso because it’s exceptionally creamy and flavorful. Also… don’t skimp on the fresh herbs! They’re the most important part of the entire recipe!
- 16 oz. container of ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced herbs (I used basil, rosemary, and thyme)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta, herbs, garlic powder, and salt.
- Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; drizzle with olive oil and garnish with additional fresh herbs as desired.
- Serve with crackers, bread, or veggies.
🌶 Recipe variations
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper or hot sauce for a spicy kick
- Use any fresh herbs OR substitute dried
- Use fresh minced garlic in place of garlic powder
- Add 1/4 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- Add minced onions or chives
- Add 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Add 1/4 cup chopped walnuts for crunch
Leftover dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
🥪 How to use it
Whipped Ricotta makes a delicious addition to SO many recipes! Add it to your favorite appetizers, sandwiches, flatbreads, salads, and more! Here are some of our favorite recipes to add it to:
- Loaded Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Asparagus Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Italian Sliders
- Pesto Avocado Melt
- Basil Pesto Panzanella
- Tomato Salad
- 3 Cheese Loaded Italian Salad
- 3-Ingredient Crostinis
🧀 Related recipes
Easy dips are one of our go to appetizers… and we love them any way we can get them! Here are some of our favorites!
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Spinach Dip
- Shrimp Dip
- Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
- 3-Ingredient Cheese Spreads
- Cobb Salad Dip
- Wedge Salad