Everyone loves shrimp, and this Shrimp Salad is a summertime classic! Simple, fresh, and perfectly seasoned… it’s comes together quickly and makes the perfect side dish for any meal!
When it comes to seafood, our family is ALL about shrimp. And for good reason! It’s tender and flavorful and always a crowd favorite… and this Shrimp Salad is one of our favorite ways to eat it!
It’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures, with just the right amount of kick… and it makes an amazing side dish for summer picnics, cookouts, or family dinners.
I love how quickly it comes together, and the fact that you can adjust the seasonings and heat according to your tastes.
If your family loves shrimp as much as mine does… then this Shrimp Salad is for you!
- 1 1/2 lbs. medium cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, celery, red pepper, and green onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, hot sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over shrimp mixture and mix well.
🌱 Recipe variations
- Add additional vegetables, such as cucumber, avocado, or tomatoes
- Substitute cayenne pepper for the hot sauce or use both for an extra kick
- Add 1 Tablespoon fresh minced dill
- Use any size shrimp (I used medium)
- Omit the celery and Old Bay Seasoning and make a cilantro lime sauce using fresh cilantro and chili lime seasoning
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eaten within 3 days.
🌮 Related recipes
Looking for more delicious shrimp recipes? These are some of our favorites!
- Shrimp Dip
- Shrimp Po Boy
- Shrimp Tacos
- Maple Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Shrimp Fajita Quinoa Bowls
- Tropical Shrimp Lettuce Wraps