The BEST Air Fryer Green Beans! These fresh green beans are coated in crispy Italian seasoned bread crumbs and air fried to perfection. They make a quick and easy appetizer or snack and are especially delicious with your favorite dipping sauce!
When it comes to vegetables, it’s all about the preparation. From air fried to steamed to roasted to sautéed… there are so many different ways to prepare them, and they all taste completely different! So if anyone ever tells me they DON’T like veggies… I would argue they just haven’t found the right way to cook them.
If you had asked me a couple years ago what our “right” way is, I probably would have told you roasted. My kids absolutely LOVE Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, Garlic Roasted Asparagus, and Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts. In fact, I’d be hard pressed to come up with a roasted vegetable they don’t love!
But ever since we got our air fryer, I must say: Air Fried Vegetables are where it’s at. Not only because they turn out extra crispy and delicious… but because they’re SO quick and easy without requiring an oven!
And these Air Fryer Green Beans are 100% our new favorite. They’re tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and especially delicious dipped in our favorite homemade Cane’s Sauce. They’re the perfect way to make use of garden green beans and they make a completely addictive, delicious HEALTHY appetizer or snack!
What you’ll need for this recipe
Green beans – This recipe calls for one pound of fresh green beans, which are sold either by the pound or in pre-packaged bags at your local grocery store. I typically buy them by the pound, but be sure to choose whichever ones look the freshest.
Flour – Flour is used as the base coat for these green beans and is what makes the egg “stick” to them. I used all purpose flour, but you can substitute whichever kind you prefer.
Eggs – Beaten eggs are the second ingredient used to coat the green beans and are what ultimately make the bread crumbs stick. You’ll need 3-4 large eggs for the entire pound of green beans.
Bread crumbs – Seasoned bread crumbs create the crispy coating that’s SO addictive in this recipe. I used Italian seasoned crumbs, but you can also use plain bread crumbs and add your own seasonings.
Seasonings – Finally, a touch of salt and pepper helps to bring out all the other flavors.
How to make Air Fryer Green Beans
Prepare the green beans. Prepare the green beans by washing them, removing the ends, and letting them dry completely. Then spread them out on a large baking sheet and spray them evenly with a light layer of cooking spray.
Coat them with bread crumbs. Fill 3 separate shallow bowls with the flour, eggs, and seasoned bread crumbs combined with salt & pepper. Dip each green bean into the flour to coat, then into the beaten eggs, and finally into the seasoned bread crumbs.
Air fry & enjoy. Place breaded green beans in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Air fry at 375° F for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Every air fryer cooks a little differently, so be sure to check in after 5 minutes to see how they’re coming along.
Serve with dipping sauce. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce!
Can you use frozen or canned green beans?
The answer is YES! Although I always prefer starting with fresh veggies, the reality is that sometimes canned or frozen veggies are cheaper, easier to find, or just what you happen to have on hand. If you plan to use frozen, I would recommend whole frozen beans vs. cut beans, but either will work. You can follow the instructions just as is. If you plan to use canned, I would also recommend whole beans whenever possible. Be sure to rinse and dry them completely before starting.
- Substitute panko bread crumbs for an even crispier texture
- Add any of you favorite seasonings to the bread crumb mixture
- Add Parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs for additional flavor
- Make them gluten free by using almond flour and pork panko crumbs
- Drizzle them with balsamic glaze before serving
- Use garden fresh beans (whichever variety you planted!)
Make Ahead & Reheating Tips
This recipe can easily be prepped in advance so it’s ready to go when you are. Simply wash, dry, and trim the green beans and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also pre-measure the breading ingredients and store them in separate containers until you’re ready to use them. To reheat leftover green beans, simply pop them back into the air fryer at 350°F and reheat for 5-7 minutes.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3-4 large eggs
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and trim the green beans, then let them dry completely. Spread them out on a large baking sheet and spray evenly with a light layer of cooking spray.
- Fill 3 separate shallow bowls with the flour, eggs, and seasoned bread crumbs combined with salt & pepper. Dip each green bean into the flour to coat, then into the beaten eggs, and finally into the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Working in batches, pace breaded green beans in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Air fry at 375° F for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. (*Every air fryer cooks a little differently, so be sure to check them after 5 minutes.)
- Remove from the air fryer basket. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 704mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g