Take cinnamon rolls to the next level with this ooey, gooey Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole!
It’s easy to make ahead, ready in just 30 minutes, and has a flavor combination that no one can resist.
We all know that mornings can be stressful, but breakfast doesn’t have to be. This recipe has been our go to for years now, and it’s one of those things that everyone LOVES. If you’re looking for a go to French Toast Casserole recipe that’s guaranteed to be a hit, this is it!!
If you ask me, nothing beats breakfast food. I’d eat it all day long if I could… and in fact… sometimes I do!
I love the fact that it can be both savory and sweet, I love how well it pairs with coffee, and I especially love all the variety.
One of my all time favorite breakfast foods? Definitely French toast. And this Baked French Toast with cream cheese icing is the BEST way to do it.
Not only is it incredibly easy to make, and has a healthy dose of cinnamon (which I love), but it’s the perfect breakfast recipe for special brunches, holidays, and get togethers. We’ve made it for several holiday brunches and it’s a guaranteed win. Every single time.
Turns out people know delicious when they taste it!
What ingredients are in this recipe?
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Cinnamon roll icing
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
How do you make French Toast Bake?
- Cut refrigerated cinnamon rolls into pieces; spread out in a buttered pan.
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk well and pour over cinnamon roll pieces.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Prepare icing and drizzle evenly over baked casserole.
- Serve immediately.
Can you make it in advance?
Yes! You can do this in one of two ways:
1. Prep the cinnamon rolls and spread them into a pan. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate. Then prep the egg mixture and store it separately. Combine the two just before baking.
2. Prep the entire casserole in advance and refrigerate overnight, then bake according to instructions.
How do you store leftovers?
Leftovers should be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, I would recommend 20-30 minutes at 350° in the oven. You can also reheat individual pieces in the microwave.
What pairs well with Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole?
- Egg Muffins
- Caprese Quiche
- Quiche Lorraine
- Winter Fruit Salad
- Cranberry Mimosas
- Pineapple Upside Down Mimosas
Looking for more delicious breakfast casseroles? Here are some favorites!
- Ham & Cheese Croissant Egg Bake
- Overnight Sausage Egg Casserole
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake
- Vegetable Breakfast Strata
- Bacon, Swiss & Asparagus Egg Bake
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- 2 17.5 oz. cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls, icing reserved
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 containers reserved icing
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- For extra icing, combine ¾ c. powdered sugar + 3 oz. cream cheese (softened + 1½ Tbsp. milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from packages and cut each roll into sixths.
- Drizzle melted butter in 9x13 inch pan.
- Spread cinnamon roll pieces evenly in pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture over cinnamon rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until top of casserole is golden brown and center is set.
- Prepare icing by combining reserved cinnamon roll icing with 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp. softened cream cheese, and 1 Tbsp. milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour icing evenly over casserole.