These Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts are the ultimate side dish! Fresh brussels sprouts roasted in olive oil, butter, and maple syrup, then tossed with crispy bacon and sprinkled with sea salt. Perfect for dinner anytime and great for the holidays, too!
So I’ve noticed a difference between when I travel for work and when Jorden travels for work. And the difference is in the food. When I’m gone, Jorden feels great about eating our or picking up food for EVERY meal. But when he’s gone? It’s pretty much business as usual.
Which is why the last time he was gone I decided to change that. I mean….why should he have all the fun!? So I decided to do a special dinner with the girls, and I left the type of food up to them. They chose sushi. And the LOVED IT. Now, I have to say…..as much as I adore sushi, I have very mixed feelings about my kids adoring it, too.
Because there are some things I like to count on having all to myself. Like my morning coffee. Or a bottle of wine. Or sushi. And these Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts fit right into that category.
I’ve loved brussels sprouts for as long as I can remember, and I can easily eat the entire batch myself. And I’m telling you…when you combine brussels sprouts with maple syrup and crispy bacon and sea salt? And you roast them? The end result is nothing short of absolutely fabulous.
So fabulous that I decided I should probably eat the entire batch while everyone was at school….just in case. And after devouring them? I can pretty much guarantee they’ll be making an appearance on our holiday table.
Not just for Thanksgiving, but for Christmas, too! We all know I love my Parmesan Roasted Green Beans and my Garlic Roasted Asparagus, but for now, these Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts take the cake. I’m just hoping no one in
- 3 c. brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place halved brussels sprouts in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine maple syrup, melted butter, and olive oil.
- Drizzle over brussels sprouts and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread brussels sprouts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Toss brussels sprouts with cooked, crumbled bacon and sprinkle with sea salt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g