Honey Mustard Sauce – made with just 3 simple ingredients! This creamy sauce is the perfect blend of savory and sweet, and one of our favorite dips for literally EVERYTHING!
If you ask me, sauce is life. One look in my fridge… and you’ll know exactly what I mean. Seriously I’m all about the condiments, and honey mustard is a long time favorite. And once I realized just how easy it is to make? I’ve never bought it again!
I mean. 3 ingredients. You just can’t argue with that. Especially when the result is thick, creamy, savory, sweet honey mustard that’s way better than anything you could buy in a store.
My family LOVES the basic recipe, but sometimes it can be fun to mix things up, too. The best part of all is that there are countless variations… and all it takes is one extra ingredient to create an entirely different flavor!
Skip the store bought and give it a try. I guarantee… you’ll never go back!
Who doesn’t love a yummy sauce that’s made with just 3 ingredients? It’s absolutely delicious all on its own, and it’s also the perfect base for countless flavor variations (check out my ideas below!)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
No need to pull out the food processor or hand mixer for this one. All you need is a bowl and a spoon… and you’re good to go!
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for later!
🌶 Recipe variations
Honey Mustard is a favorite, but have you ever tried flavored honey mustard? Here are some quick and easy ways to mix things up with just one extra ingredient!
- Spicy Honey Mustard – add 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili seasoning or cayenne pepper
- Horseradish Honey Mustard – add 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Garlic Honey Mustard – add 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Jalapeño Honey Mustard – add 1 small jalapeño, minced
- Raspberry Honey Mustard – add 1-2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- BBQ Honey Mustard – add 1-2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
🍗 Pairing ideas
Honey Mustard is delicious as a dipping sauce, sandwich spread, or even salad dressing. These are some of our favorite recipes to pair it with!
- Crispy Onion Strings
- Ham & Pear Panini
- Chicken Patties
- Mini Crab Cakes
- Zucchini Fries
- Ham & Cheese Melts
- Bacon Bombs
Honey Mustard should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one year.
🧀 Related recipes
I’m a HUGE sucker for a good sauce recipe, and these are some of my go-tos!
- Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
- Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce
- Creamy Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce
- Beer Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Creamy Southwest Dipping Sauce
- Skinny Greek Veggie Dip
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g