Bacon Bombs with Beer Cheese Dipping Sauce will be your new favorite appetizer! These bite sized rolls with crispy bacon inside then dipped in delicious beer cheese dipping sauce. The perfect combination for game day or any day!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPicknSave #CollectiveBias
Well, my friends…..it’s that time of year! Time for the NCAA basketball tournament! And I, for one, could not be more excited. Because tournament time means fun. It means food. It means an excuse to watch more t.v. and do less laundry. And most of all, it means a break from routine….which, in my world, counts for a lot!
I don’t know what it is, but lately I’ve really been feeling the itch for a little something different. A break from the day to day. Because the day to day is just….well….boring! I’ve even gone as far as to encourage Jorden to take a day off….just to watch basketball (and, of course, hang out with me). So far, I haven’t had any luck.
So when nighttime or weekend games come around, you better believe I’m all about basketball! Especially if by basketball, you mean an excuse to get together with friends, eat some delicious food, and break out of the daily rut. Yes, the NCAA tournament is good for that. And do you know what’s good for the tournament? These Bacon Bombs with Beer Cheese Dipping Sauce!
Because when you’re watching basketball, what’s better than bacon, beer, and cheese!? Especially when you can get all three in one bite. I promised I’d make these this past weekend, so I headed to Pick ‘n Save, where I always know I’ll find everything I need. And, sure enough, I did!
Which came as no surprise, and neither did the fact that these bad boys are an appetizer dream come true! Fresh baked bread wrapped around a healthy dose of bacon with an ooey gooey beer cheese sauce for dipping? Sign me up! Especially if it’s paired with a little break from the norm…..and maybe even some college basketball.
Bacon Bombs with Beer Cheese Dipping Sauce Recipe
Bacon Bombs with Beer Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 12 frozen rolls dough
- 12 oz. bacon cooked and chopped (I prepared mine in the oven and left it a little underdone)
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. beer
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. horseradish
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Thaw rolls on a flat, greased surface, but do not let them rise.
- While dough is thawing, combine cooked bacon and raw chopped onion in a medium frying pan. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Cut thawed rolls in half; spread dough into 3 inch circle and fjill with approx. 1 Tbsp. of bacon/onion mixture.
- Fold ends over to seal; place seam-down on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until rolls are light golden brown.
- For Beer Cheese Sauce:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in milk and beer all at once.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheddar cheese and horseradish.
For another great bacon recipe to try on game day, my Bacon Cheddar Ranch Snack Mix will be a huge hit!