Cilantro Lime Sauce is a creamy dipping sauce that pairs perfectly with all your favorite veggies! It’s light, flavorful, and so easy to make… once you try it you’ll be eating it with everything!
You know how they say that the shoes make the outfit? Well… I feel the same way about the sauce. A good sauce takes any recipe to the next level, and this Cilantro Lime Sauce is one of our favorites.
The first time I made it was to pair with my Corn Fritter recipe, which was delicious all on its own, but just needed a little something extra. And this Cilantro Lime Sauce was it.
It’s light, creamy, and has just enough delicious flavor to add to any dish without overpowering it. And best of all, it’s ready in just 5 minutes!
The perfect complement to so many of your favorite recipes, and a great base for different variations (see my note below!) No matter how you mix it, though… this sauce is sure to be a hit!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix well. Serve with your favorite dippers.
🌶 Recipe variations
- Add 1 minced jalapeño for a spicy kick
- Use 1 Tbsp. fresh minced or grated onion in place of the onion powder
- Add 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce
- Use a combination of sour cream and mayo
- Use light sour cream in place of regular
- Add additional minced cilantro to taste
Leftover sauce should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Because of the fresh cilantro, I would not recommend keeping it longer than 3-4 days. The good news is it’s unlikely that there will be any leftovers!
🌽 How to use it
Cilantro Lime Sauce is perfect for dipping a variety of recipes. These are some of our favorites!
- Corn Fritters
- Zucchini Fritters
- Salmon Patties
- Mini Crab Cakes
- Crispy Onion Strings
- Roasted Potatoes
🥄 Related recipes
- Garlic Aioli
- Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce
- Creamy Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce
- Southwest Dipping Sauce
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Po Boy Sauce
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g