Homemade Zucchini Fries are a healthy, delicious alternative to regular fries, and they’re so easy to make! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, they’re the perfect side dish for any meal… and especially delicious dipped in our easy Garlic Aioli!
We’re always on the lookout for new ways to eat veggies, and these Zucchini Fries are a total win.
Not only are they a way healthier alternative regular french fries, but they’re seriously SO delicious. As in… I’d choose them over regular fries any day!
The zucchini is perfectly cooked (not mushy like some recipes) and the breading is light, crispy, and flavorful. They’re super tasty all on their own OR you can dip them in marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or our favorite: garlic aioli.
Best of all, they’re incredibly easy to make! Just grab some zucchini, seasoned bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and eggs… and you’ll be enjoying these delicious veggie fries in no time.
- 4 small zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garlic Aioli
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Peel zucchini; cut in half lengthwise, then cut into fry shaped wedges.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip zucchini fries into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately with Garlic Aioli.
🧀 Recipe variations
- Substitute 1/2 c. of your favorite shredded cheese for the grated Parmesan.
- Use panko bread crumbs in place of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Use regular bread crumbs and substitute with the seasonings of your choice
- For a spicy kick, season with chili powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Replace the aioli with ranch dressing or marinara sauce
- Fry zucchini fries in hot oil instead of baking them
♨️ Storing & reheating
Leftovers can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. To reheat, I would recommend either reheating in the oven at 400° (10 minutes) or in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil over medium-high heat (5-10 minutes).
🍞 Related recipes
If you love zucchini as much as we do, you might also enjoy some of these other recipes:
- Zucchini Fritters
- Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake
- Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g