These Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls are bursting with bright lemon flavor! Flaky crescent rolls filled with creamy lemon cheesecake and topped with a citrus glaze…the perfect addition to any brunch!
So I’ve had some interesting experiences lately. Experiences that give me some insight into just how strange my life has become. Ha! For real though…..you know how life just kind of takes you down a path? And you don’t always realize the path you’re on until it suddenly hits you one day? Well, that’s exactly what’s been happening. And even though it could be so much worse, it’s definitely not pretty.
The first experience was just the other day, when I was getting dressed (in jeans) to go over to our friends’ house. And I realized that it was the first time I had gotten dressed in anything other than leggings in a full week. And let’s not even talk about showering, or doing my hair, or putting on makeup….because the reality is I rarely do any of them. Because, well, there’s rarely a reason to….!
And the second experience was just this morning, when I left the house to take the girls to the library…..and I realized how good it felt to be out of my house. And not at the grocery store. But the fact that the public library felt like “getting out”? Well, it’s kind of along the same lines as feeling “fancy” when I put on jeans. It’s not normal! Or….is it!?!?
Honestly, it’s probably completely normal for other moms and/or bloggers. It’s just not what I ever saw for myself…if you know what I mean. But, well, sometimes life just takes you on a path. And sometimes that path isn’t really so bad. After all, in what other life do Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls make an impromptu appearance on your kitchen table…right? (I wish I could say everyone’s, because they’re seriously the best things I’ve had in a while!) But here’s the thing. These Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls are so easy that there’s really no reason they can’t make an impromptu appearance on your table….today! All you need is a package of crescent rolls, cream cheese, sugar, lemon extract, and fresh lemon zest…..and you’re well on your way enjoying a Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Roll for breakfast, or snack, or even dessert. And if you happen to put on jeans or get out of the house that day, too? Well, in that case, you are REALLY winning at life.
- 1 package (8 count) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cold
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. lemon extract
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of ½ lemon
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
- Beat on medium-high speed until mixture comes together.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into triangles; spoon cream cheese filling onto wider end of each triangle.
- Gently roll the dough, starting with the wider end and tucking the corners, into crescent shapes.
- Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased or parchment -lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let rolls cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, prepare glaze by combining all ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over rolls.