Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie is the best Thanksgiving pie mash up ever! So rich and flavorful! Delicious salted caramel and a pumpkin cheesecake filling tops this traditional pecan pie. Sooo Yummy!
Happy Wednesday, Friends! Is it just me…..or are these fall weeks flying by!? I feel like I have no idea where the first 11 days of November went, and I find it hard to believe that in two short weeks we’ll be celebrating Thanksgiving! Time to pull out the apron and get cooking (and baking, and everything in between)…..but before that, it’s time to start menu planning. Today I’m joining together with more than 25 fabulous bloggers to bring you one AMAZING Thanksgiving dinner menu, with so many delicious options you’ll hardly know where to begin!
Well, for today at least, we’re going to start at the end. With dessert! (Which, in my family, is also known as the best part of the meal!) When my family gets together, there is never a shortage of desserts. No…..our theory is definitely the more, the merrier!
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie
So it is not at all uncommon for us to have 4 or 6 desserts at one gathering…..and for a holiday like Thanksgiving, that number could easily be more. Of course, with so many delicious options in front of us, it is not at all uncommon for us to sample a small piece of each. (How could we possibly begin to choose….??)
So when I offered to make a dessert for today’s blog hop, you better believe I was inspired by my family’s love of desserts. More specifically, I was inspired by our long-held belief that more is MORE….and that you should really never have to choose between desserts.
This Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie has a little bit of everything, from pumpkin to pecan to cheesecake to caramel…..all in one delicious slice. And best of all, it’s SO easy to make! All you need is an hour and a couple handfuls of ingredients, and you’re well on your way to a Thanksgiving dessert fit for even the most dessert-loving of families. Not to mention a blog hop! So be sure you grab my recipe below….and then hop around to all the pages and plan your Thanksgiving menu as you go. And don’t forget – you can never have too much to choose from. Enjoy!!!!
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Spice Pecan Pie
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. flour
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1/3 c. butter melted
- 2 c. pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Cheesecake Topping
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/3 c. half and half
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Mix butter and cream cheese together until softened. Work in flour to form a soft dough. Refrigerate, if necessary, until dough can be rolled out on a lightly floured surface.
- Press into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and corn syrup. Add butter, pecans, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50 minutes or until set.*Cover edges of crust with foil as necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Cool before slicing.
- Top with cheesecake topping and salted caramel sauce as desired.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar and corn starch.
- Stir in water, half and half, and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 2-4 more minutes or until mixture begins to thicken slightly and darken in color.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter, vanilla, and salt.
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax