Pumpkin spiced pecan pie topped with pumpkin cheesecake filling and salted caramel sauce for a delicious new twist on a classic!
Ever since I can remember, my family has been all about desserts. When we all get together it’s not at all uncommon for us to have 4 or 6 desserts at one gathering…..and for a holiday like Thanksgiving, that number could easily be more.
Which sounds amazing, right? And it is, except for the fact that with so many delicious options in front of us, how do we even begin to choose? And so we often find ourselves sampling a small piece of each. Which… needless to say… turns into a LOT of dessert.
And so I started thinking. Why not combine a few of my favorites into ONE dessert… like this Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie? It has a little bit of everything, from pumpkin to pecan to cheesecake to caramel…..all in one delicious slice. And best of all, it’s easy to make! All you need is an hour and a couple handfuls of ingredients, and you’re well on your way to a Thanksgiving dessert fit for even the most dessert-loving of families. Enjoy!
what you’ll need for this recipe
Butter, cream cheese & flour – These 3 ingredients combine together to form a soft, buttery crust that’s the perfect base for this pie.
Eggs, granulated sugar, light corn syrup, melted butter, pecans, vanilla extract & pumpkin pie spice – These 7 ingredients make up the pecan pie filling, and this step really is as easy as measuring and mixing.
Cream cheese, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar & pumpkin pie spice – Just these 4 ingredients make up the pumpkin cheesecake topping I spooned on top of this pie.
Brown sugar, cornstarch, water, half & half, light corn syrup, butter, vanilla & salt – These 8 ingredients, combined together, create the delicious salted caramel sauce.
how to make salted caramel pumpkin pecan pie
Make the pie crust. Mix butter and cream cheese together until softened. Work in flour to form a soft dough. Refrigerate, if necessary, until dough can be rolled out on a lightly floured surface. Press into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
Make the pie filling. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and corn syrup. Add butter, pecans, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
Bake & cool. Bake at 350°F 50 minutes or until set. (Cover edges of crust with foil as necessary to prevent over-browning.) Cool before slicing.
Make the cheesecake topping. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
Make the salted caramel. In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar and corn starch. Stir in water, half and half, and corn syrup. Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 2-4 more minutes or until mixture begins to thicken slightly and darken in color. Remove from heat; stir in butter, vanilla, and salt.
Serve. Cut the cooled pie into slices. Top each slice with cheesecake topping and salted caramel sauce as desired.
tips for success
- Be sure to use room temperature butter and cream cheese for perfect mixing! Ingredients that are too cold will create lumps, and ingredients that are too warm will be sticky, hard to work with, and won’t hold up in the recipe.
- Use unsalted pecans instead of salted. These can be found in the baking aisle at your grocery store.
- Make elements in advance. The one “down side” to this recipe is the multiple components, but this can be alleviated by making the crust, cheesecake filling, and/or salted caramel sauce in advance.
- For best results, store all components (and leftovers) in the refrigerator.
more delicious fall dessert recipes
- Pumpkin Crisp
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Mini Pecan Pies
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Sweet Potato Pie
Pumpkin Spice Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Cheesecake Topping
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix butter and cream cheese together until softened. Work in flour to form a soft dough. Refrigerate, if necessary, until dough can be rolled out on a lightly floured surface.
- Press into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and corn syrup. Add butter, pecans, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50 minutes or until set.*Cover edges of crust with foil as necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Cool before slicing.
- Top with cheesecake topping and salted caramel sauce as desired.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar and corn starch.
- Stir in water, half and half, and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 2-4 more minutes or until mixture begins to thicken slightly and darken in color.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter, vanilla, and salt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 6g