Pumpkin Sheet Cake is the ultimate taste of fall!
Light, fluffy pumpkin cake topped with cream cheese frosting and a twist of maple syrup.
This dessert is easy to make and ideal for feeding a crowd. Perfect for Thanksgiving or any fall gathering!
Let’s talk about pumpkin desserts for a second, shall we? Because it’s that time of year…and there are SO many delicious ones to choose from. And to be honest? I love them ALL.
There’s something about pumpkin in fall that just. feels. right. Or maybe even necessary.
And this Pumpkin Cake with cream cheese frosting? Well, it might just be my favorite. It’s light and fluffy and packed with delicious pumpkin flavor, and the cream cheese frosting is THE BEST.
I’ve always been a fan of cream cheese frosting. It’s what I use on my favorite cupcakes and the frosting I would choose over any other kind. Every single time.
And since pumpkin and cream cheese were clearly made for one another, it was the obvious choice for this recipe.
I decided to mix things up a bit with the frosting and the cake by adding a touch of maple syrup to both. Let’s just say I absolutely fell in love with the end result.
But the BEST thing about this dessert? Everyone loves it. And when I say everyone…I really do mean everyone.
What ingredients are in this recipe?
- 1 c. canola oil
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
How do you make Pumpkin Cake?
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 c. oil, 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree, 1 3/4 c. granulated sugar, and 1/4 c. maple syrup.
- Slowly stir in 4 large eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 c. flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Add to pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
How do you make maple cream cheese frosting?
- In a medium mixing bowl combine 3/4 stick unsalted butter, 4 oz. cream cheese, 1 3/4 c. powdered sugar, and 3 Tbsp. maple syrup.
- Mix 2-3 minutes.
- Spread frosting over cooled sheet cake.
What size pan do you use?
Sheet cake is baked in a jellyroll pan, which is typically 15 x 10 x 1 inches. This cake can be baked in a slightly larger pan, as well, although baking time may need to be adjusted.
How many people does it serve?
This recipe will serve approximately 24 people, depending on the size of the pieces.
Here are some of our other favorite pumpkin recipes:
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars
- Maple Streusel Pumpkin Cake
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pancakes
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 171mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 27g Protein: 3g