Ooey, gooey Baked Brie topped with crunchy pistachios, cherry preserves, and a drizzle of honey. The ultimate savory sweet combo… and the perfect appetizer for all your fall parties!
Is there anything better than baked brie? It’s one of my all time favorite appetizers, and this pistachio cherry version has it all: creamy brie cheese, crunchy pistachios, sweet cherry preserves, delicious fall spices, and a drizzle of honey on top.
To be honest, I could eat it with a spoon (and sometimes do) but my favorite way to serve it is with a simple homemade crostini. I love that it’s simple and quick but still feels special, and I LOVE how perfect it is for the holidays.
Not only does it have all the right colors and flavors… but there’s something about that gooey, creamy cheese that’s oh so decadent. Which is basically what the holiday season is all about. Let the countdown begin!
The BEST thing about this appetizer is the incredibly short ingredient list! I chose to use a 14 ounce round of brie, but for a smaller group feel free to use an 8 ounce round. I also used Smucker’s Cherry Preserves, which I chose because of the whole cherries. If you prefer a smoother consistency, you may want to opt for a jam instead.
- 14 ounce round brie
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup pistachios, salted & chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons honey
The main goal is to heat the cheese for long enough that it’s gooey and melted on the inside… without letting the pistachios over-brown. I found it helpful to cover the brie with foil halfway through baking.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place brie in a small cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine cherry preserves, pistachios, and allspice. Spread mixture over the top of the brie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey before serving.
🍊 Recipe variations
When it comes to baked brie, the possibilities are endless. The cherry/pistachio combo is particularly pretty for the holidays, but if you’re looking to mix things up, here are some other delicious ideas:
- Use orange marmalade of any flavor of preserves
- Substitute pecans, walnuts, or pine nuts for the pistachios (or use a combination)
- Wrap the brie in puff pastry before baking for a “brie en croute”
- Substitute cinnamon for allspice
- Add fresh cracked pepper on top
- Serve with crackers, pretzels, or apple slices in place of crostini
♨️ Storing & reheating
Leftover Baked Brie can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to one week. To reheat, transfer to an oven-safe baking dish and heat at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
🍎 Related recipes
You might also enjoy these brie cheese recipes!
- Mushroom Marsala Baked Brie
- Brown Sugar Walnut Baked Brie
- Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie
- Baked Brie with Wine-Soaked Blackberries
- Apple Brie Crostini
- Chicken Cranberry Brie Tartlets
- Apple Brie Salad
- Berry Brie Pizza
Pistachio Cherry Baked Brie
leave a reply