Apple Brie Salad is one of our favorite fall salads. It combines fresh, crisp apples with creamy Brie cheese....and the combination is to die for!
I've always been a fan of Brie, and there's something about adding it to a salad that takes your basic greens to the next level.
If you're looking for a go-to fall salad that's perfect for lunch, dinner, or holiday gatherings, THIS IS IT!
So. I got called out the other day. By my brother in law....who follows me on Facebook....and was apparently complaining to my sister: "She posts all this delicious looking food on Facebook....and then brings SALAD to family get togethers." Oops.
He's right - I do post a lot of delicious food. And I do bring a lot of salads to family get togethers! It's just that.... I love salad! It's one of my VERY favorite foods. And I sometimes forget that other people don't love it as much as I do.
So what do I love so much about it? How about the fact that it's basically a blank canvas for ALL your favorite toppings!? Savory, sweet, crunchy, creamy - I love them all. And I love combining them in different ways!
This Apple Brie Salad is the kind of salad I've been craving lately. Mostly sweet, a little bit savory, with plenty of different flavors and textures. And the BRIE! It's soooo good with the apples!! It kinda makes me want to add brie to all my salads. Are you with me?
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS RECIPE?
- Mixed greens
- Brie cheese
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped pecans
- Green onions
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Apple cider
- Ground ginger
HOW DO YOU MAKE APPLE BRIE SALAD?
- In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, chopped apple, sliced Brie, dried cranberries, pecans, and sliced green onions.
- In a small container with a lid, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, apple cider, honey, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
WHAT KIND OF APPLES SHOULD YOU USE?
I used Gala apples in my salad, but any crisp, sweet variety would work well. Other good options include Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Pink Lady. For a different flavor, you could also use a tart variety of apple such as Granny Smith.
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER VARIATIONS OF THIS RECIPE?
- Use chopped pears in place of the apples
- Substitute feta or goat cheese in place of Brie cheese
- Substitute walnuts or almonds in place of chopped pecans
- Add additional dried fruit, such as dried cherries, apricots, or dried mandarins
- Use honey mustard dressing in place of apple cider vinaigrette
So, there you have it. I'm all about salads, especially ones as delicious as this. Which is why I bring them to family get togethers (to share them)! But. My brother in law's complaint has been duly noted, and from now on, I'm making sure I have something cheesy or chocolatey in one hand, and the salad in the other.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE DELICIOUS FALL SALADS!
- Brussel Sprout Salad
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Salad
- Apple Walnut Salad
- Pear, Walnut & Gorgonzola Salad
- Apple Wedge Salad
- Cranberry Orange Harvest Salad
- Fall Harvest Salad
AND BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR OTHER FAVORITES USING BRIE CHEESE!
- Chicken Cranberry Brie Tartlets
- Mushroom Marsala Baked Brie
- Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie
- Apple Brie Turnovers
- Brown Sugar Walnut Baked Brie
Apple Brie Salad
- 1 bag 5-6 oz. mixed greens
- 4 oz. brie cheese cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 large apple cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 c. pecans
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 4 green onions chopped
- For dressing:
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
Prepare salad by layering ingredients in a large salad bowl.
Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients and shaking vigorously.
Drizzle dressing over salad.
Baked Brie is simply delicious! And Martha Stewart makes a beautiful Baked Brie with Pecans!