Mushroom Marsala Baked Brie combines rich marsala-glazed mushrooms with creamy baked brie in a delicious appetizer that's perfect for New Years Eve or anytime!
So I was scrolling through Facebook last night and ran across this: "That space between Christmas and New Years where you don't know what day it is, who you are or what you're supposed to be doing. Yeah, I'm there." Yes! This. Anyone else right there with me?
I'm honestly not sure how much of it is post-holiday recovery or sleep deprivation or the fact that my kids are all home the week, in a sea of brand new toys.....or how much of it is literally the fact that I don't know what to do with myself now that Christmas is over! Ha!
I guess if you think about it, that could actually be it. After all, we've invested weeks into getting ready for Christmas. Between the decorating and the shopping and the cookie baking and the recipe creation....Christmas is all we've thought about since Thanksgiving! And now....it's over. And, well, we're not exactly sure where to go from here.
In case you're wondering, I decided to spend my week deep cleaning the house. (Clearly I was not completely directionless.) And since New Years Eve is now just 3 days away (!) I have a whole new thing to focus on. And you better believe I've been thinking about it....a LOT.
I've been thinking about the plan and the timing and the drinks....and, of course, the food. At the top of the list? This Mushroom Marsala Baked Brie. It's gooey and delicious and perfectly flavored with marsala wine and caramelized mushrooms. I don't know about you, but if there's one food that can restore purpose to my life, it's baked brie.
Especially Mushroom Marsala Baked Brie. It's the IDEAL appetizer for New Years Eve or anytime! Whether you serve it with crackers or bread or eat it with a spoon right from the pan.... Mushroom Marsala Baked Brie is the type of appetizer you want to make again and again. And....it's easy enough that you can! Dangerous, I know. (Happy New Year!)
Mushroom Marsala Baked Brie
- 8 oz. brie round
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 6 oz. white button mushrooms cleaned and quartered
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. marsala wine
- Using a sharp knife, remove the top rind of the cheese.
- Place in a small cast iron skillet or baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until softened.
- While brie is baking, heat olive oil and butter in a small skillet over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add mushrooms, green onion, pepper, and thyme; saute until mushrooms are browned.
- Add marsala wine and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened.
- Remove brie from oven; top with mushrooms.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until brie is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh thyme (optional) and serve with crackers or bread.
Looking for more Brie ideas to try? Check out my other recipes with this fabulous ingredient
Check out this Crockpot Mushroom Chicken recipe from Crazy for Crust.