Apple Brie Crostini are like little bites of heaven! Crunchy slices of toasted baguette topped with creamy melted brie, crisp apples, a drizzle of honey, and a touch of fresh ground pepper… they’re the perfect fall appetizer, and destined to become a favorite!
There are some combinations that just work… like peanut butter & jelly, tomato & basil, and one of my favorites… apple & brie. It’s one of the BEST flavor combinations, not just for fall, but for any time of year. (I especially love it in this Apple Brie Salad!)
There’s just something about the creamy, buttery brie with the sweet, crisp apple that pairs so incredibly well, and this crostini recipe is an easy, delicious way to enjoy it!
Start with a basic crostini (homemade or store bought both work well), top it with brie cheese, thinly sliced apple, honey, pepper, and a sprig of thyme. It’s ready in just 10 minutes and makes the perfect appetizer for any fall gathering!
One of the best things about this recipe is the short ingredient list. I used homemade crostini made with a french baguette, but you can also buy prepared crostini to save time. For the brie, I used a block of slicing brie, but a wedge or round works just as well. Finally, for the apple I used a Pink Lady (one of my favorites) but you can use whichever variety you prefer!
- 12 crostini
- 3 ounces brie cheese (I used slicing brie)
- 1 medium apple (I used Pink Lady)
- 1/4 cup honey
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh thyme, for garnish
Not only does this recipe have a short ingredient list, but it has a short instruction list as well. The most important thing is to slice both your cheese and your apples thinly so one flavor doesn’t overpower the other. Then, aside from melting the brie, the rest is all garnish!
- Arrange crostini on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut brie cheese into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on top of crostini.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with thinly sliced apple, a drizzle of honey, ground pepper, and fresh thyme.
- Serve immediately.
🍏 Recipe variations
Crostini are a quick and easy appetizer… and figuring out how to top them is 90% of the fun! Here are a few different twists on this recipe if you’re looking to mix things up:
- Substitute Granny Smith apples for a tart twist
- Use any of your favorite cheeses, including havarti, gouda, fontina, or swiss
- Use pear slices in place of apple slices
- Substitute maple syrup for the honey
- Substitute rosemary for the thyme
📍 Make-ahead & storage tips
To save time last minute, be sure you have your crostini prepared ahead of time. You can also slice the brie and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until baking time.
Once the recipe has been baked, it really will be best when eaten right away. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator, but instead of reheating them I’d recommend bringing them to room temperature before serving.
🥖 Related recipes
Bread + cheese? Sign me up! And I know I’m not the only one. If you love the bread/cheese combo as much as we do, here are some more easy recipe you might enjoy!
- Mushroom Bacon Swiss Crostini
- Butternut Squash Crostini
- 3-Ingredient Crostini
- Balsamic Cherry Crostini
- Whipped Ricotta Bruschetta
- Sun Dried Tomato Asiago Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g