Chicken Cranberry Brie Tartlets are a quick appetizer that combine all the best flavors of the season in one delicious little bite. Perfect for all your holiday parties. These tartlets are sure to become a new favorite!
I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this recipe, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
Can we just talk about Christmas shopping for a minute? Because it’s officially December now….and I have bought nothing. Not one thing! And even though I know I have to, and I know I probably should have started at least a few weeks ago, the truth is I just don’t want to! In fact, I’m much more interested in avoiding stores at all costs. Hmmm. This could get interesting.
It’s a feeling that started on Thanksgiving day, when everyone around me was intent on making Christmas lists and looking through ads and getting ready for Black Friday shopping. And all I could think was NO WAY. And the feeling only got stronger as Ellia started begging me to take her….because she wanted a Kindle….and she wanted the experience of Black Friday shopping…. and all I could think was NOT A CHANCE.
Chicken Cranberry Brie Tartlets
To be fair, these are the same feelings I have every year before Black Friday. And then I usually jump right into Christmas shopping the following week. But….we’re in the following week now, and I’m still doing the avoiding thing. And the list? It’s not going away! I think it might be time to dig up some Christmas spirit. Starting with these Chicken Cranberry Brie Tartlets!
Don’t they just make you feel happy? And Christmasy? And ready for a party? I’ve already made them a few times this season (puff pastry & brie…can you blame me?) and they’ll definitely be making at least a couple more appearances before Christmas is over. I love the fact that I can find everything I need at Pick ‘n Save, and I love that they’re made with Pick ‘n Save’s new Simple Truth line of products. Which means not only are they delicious, but I can feel good about what’s in them.
Of course, Chicken Cranberry Brie Tartlets might not completely take care of my Christmas spirit conundrum….which is why I’m already planning a weekend filled with tree decorating, cookie baking, and Christmas music. And hopefully, by the end of it, I can’t keep myself away from ALL the stores.
So. Do you have any tips for me? Any tried and true methods for getting into the Christmas spirit? I could use some help! Because as of right now, if it’s between Christmas shopping and cozying up with a plate of these Chicken Cranberry Brie Tartlets ….I have to say: the tartlets are winning.
Chicken, Cranberry & Brie Tartlets
- 2 packages 17 oz. each puff pastry
- 1 Simple Truth chicken breast cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries
- 1/3 c. honey
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 4 oz. brie cheese cut into 48 pieces
- 1/4 c. finely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets according to package instructions. Once thawed, unfold into thirds.
- Cut each third into 12 equal squares to make 48 squares. (*You will not use entire second package)
- Grease 2 mini muffin tins; press each puff pastry square into a muffin cup.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes; remove from oven and press the center of each cup in with the end of a wooden spoon.
- While puff pastry is baking, prepare cranberry sauce by combining fresh cranberries, honey, water, and mustard powder in a small saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Fill the center of each puff pastry cup with 1 piece of chicken, 1/2 tsp cranberry sauce, and 1 piece brie cheese.
- Return to oven for 5-7 minutes, until brie is nicely melted.
- Top with minced sage and chopped pecans.
- Serve warm.
Enjoy a Holiday Cranberry Mule to go with your Chicken Cranberry Brie Tartlets! A winning combination!