Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie

Brie cheese, pumpkin butter & pecans, wrapped in puff pastry and baked to ooey gooey perfection!

Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie - just 4 ingredients! Perfect for fall!

Good morning, friends! Welcome back to my Lemon Tree Dwelling! As you may have noticed, things have been a bit quiet around here lately. I wish I had some great explanation or exciting news to share…..but the reality is just that life after Myla is getting the best of me! It seems that, at any given time, at least one of the kids is asking me a question, telling me a story, crying, whining, needing to be fed, waiting to be picked up, asking for help with homework, or looking for a playmate…..and somehow, in the midst of all that, getting a blog post done feels nearly impossible!

Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie - just 4 ingredients! Perfect for fall!

I am trying to be okay with it….really, I am. I am trying to embrace this time when my kids are small and need so much from me….but it’s hard! I like to get things done, to create, to accomplish. I thrive on having super productive days…..and it’s no secret that getting an 8 year old and a 6 year old off to school, and then staying home with a 3 year old and a 4 month old is NOT conducive to being productive. At least not in the ways I might have in mind.

Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie - just 4 ingredients! Perfect for fall!

Before I start to sound way to whiney for my own good….let me just say that I’m doing my best to keep up with it all…..but for now, you can probably expect things to stay a little bit quiet around here. I promise to share delicious new recipes with you when I can, and you promise to be patient with me in the mean time. Deal?!

Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie - just 4 ingredients! Perfect for fall!

Ok. Now that I got that off my chest, let’s talk about this brie. I’m a huge fan of brie….especially when it’s baked. And I’ve had a few different versions of it, but none as delicious as this one!! There’s something about the buttery cheese paired with the sweetly spiced pumpkin butter that is absolutely TO DIE FOR! Top it with crunchy pecans and wrap it in pastry dough, and you’ll forget all about how long you had to wait for the recipe…..or how long you might have to wait for another one…..!

Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie - just 4 ingredients! Perfect for fall!

Happy Fall…..Enjoy!

Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie

Cook time

• 1 sheet puff pastry dough
  • 1 (8 oz.) round brie cheese
  • ¼ c. pumpkin butter
  • ¼ c. pecans
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp. water
  1. Thaw puff pastry dough and roll to desired size (large enough to completely cover brie).
  2. Place pecans in center of dough; top with pumpkin butter.
  3. Place cheese on top of pecans and pumpkin butter; wrap dough around the cheese and pinch seams to seal.
  4. Whisk egg and water and brush on seams.
  5. Gently place seam-side down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  6. Decorate the top with additional pecans and/or dough.
  7. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie - just 4 ingredients! Perfect for fall!

Comments

The fact that you can even put a sentence together amazes me! I think you’re doing a fantastic job mama! I can barely deal with my days with two kids!!!! I agree that you should embrace it and try not to be so hard on yourself. As for this recipe? I am in love with Brie and I cannot get enough of it. I especially like it in the fall so this appetizer looks delicious and right up my alley.

2. Meaghan Voigt says

I think you’re amazing, Cathy! Mom, friend, blogger, cook….the list could go on! This looks amazing and will be a recipe I’m sure to try! :)

Cathy, as soon as I saw the name of your post, I got all excited! I LOVE brie and this looks beyond amazing! I’ve never had it with pumpkin and totally can’t wait to try this. Pinning and sharing – have a happy weekend!!

Cathy, this looks wonderful and tasty. I can only imagine how delicious it must be.

I hope you are having a relaxing weekend…take it one day at a time and it will all fall into place.

Blessings, Catherine

Hi Emilie,
      Thanks so much! I bought my pumpkin butter at Trader Joe’s but it is also available at most grocery stores near the jams, honeys, etc. Hope this helps!
      Take care,
      Cathy

• Jacqui Harmeling says

I found pumpkin butter at Trader Joe’s in the jam section. Got all my ingredients – getting ready to try this!

5. Jamie+@+Love+Bakes+Good+Cakes says

Awww – it is sooooo hard to balance it all! Hugs to you, Cathy – you’re doing a great job! This recipe sounds like one I need to try – soon! Melty cheese and Fall flavors?! Sign me up!!

Hi Patty,
      I used Keebler Club crackers but any basic type of cracker would be great! Hope this helps!
      Cathy

• Dawne says

When putting this together in the dough do you use a pie plate? Just trying to figure out what size the finished product should be.

Hi Nicole,
      I bought mine at Trader Joe’s, but if you don’t live near one you could check with your grocery store or a specialty grocer. I need to make one and post a recipe, but I haven’t done that yet. It will be on my list!

6. Carol says

I’m new to baking with Brie. Do you cut the white “skin” off the brie before baking or is it okay to leave it on?

• Gale says

You could buy it at certain grocery stores depending on where you live, but if you really want to make it yourself for whatever reason, Allrecipes has a recipe. I’m not sure if I can link here.

I bought mine at Trader Joe’s, Evangelina! It’s typically available in fall near the peanut butter/jams. Hope you are able to find it – it’s delicious!

Hi Rhonda,
      I like to use crackers or bread. You could also use apples or pretzel flats if you’d like. Hope you enjoy!

7. Summer says

This is in the oven right now. Taking this to a pumpkin-themed cooking club. I’m in charge of the appetizer course. Should be delicious! Thanks for the festive recipe.