Cobb Dip

Cobb Dip – a delicious dip made with creamy ranch, lettuce, tomatoes, grilled corn, shredded cheese, bacon, and blue cheese crumbles. The perfect party dip!

Cobb Dip - SO delicious with tortilla chips!

Jorden and I had quite the day yesterday. The kind of day where every step of the way feels like a feat. The kind of day where everyone around you seems 100 times more annoying than usual. The kind of day where all you can do is hold your breath and wait for it to be over. What happened, you ask? Absolutely nothing – just life with 4 kids!

Cobb Dip - SO delicious with tortilla chips!

Okay. I know I’m not the first one to have 4 kids. And I know there are plenty of people who have more! I also know (although it’s not always easy to keep in mind) that I’m oh so lucky to have them. But. Right now, life feels exhausting. Whether it’s because we have a newborn or because the others are home from school or because our 3 year old is a terror….it all just feels like a lot. And sometimes getting through the day really does feel like an accomplishment!

Cobb Dip - SO delicious with tortilla chips!

I know summer is supposed to be fun and carefree, full of late nights and fire flies and cookouts with friends. But this summer is NOT that. So, I must admit, there is part of me that is really looking forward to fall! The kids will be back in school, schedules will resume, Myla will be taking regular naps (fingers crossed), and things will feel fresh and new. Or so I’m telling myself.

Cobb Dip - SO delicious with tortilla chips!

One thing I KNOW will feel different is that it will be football season! Which holds no interest to me outside of the fact that football games are a great excuse to get together with friends. And they’re easy. You just make some yummy food, turn on the TV, and you’re all set. Simple. Exactly what I need right now! Speaking of simple, this Cobb Dip is a super simple, delicious dip that’s PERFECT for football season! Based on the classic Cobb Salad (one of my favorites), it’s packed with bold flavors and great with chips, crackers, or pretzel flats. It’s just what you need to make life feel not only bearable, but actually fun….and definitely delicious!!

Cobb Dip - SO delicious with tortilla chips!

Cobb Dip

• 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
  • 1 c. chopped Romaine lettuce
  • 1 Roma tomato, chopped
  • ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
  • ½ c. grilled corn
  • ¼ c. bacon, cooked & crumbled
  • ¼ c. blue cheese crumbles
  1. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and Ranch Dip mix and mix until smooth.
  2. Spread into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or other similarly sized pan.
  3. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, corn, bacon, and blue cheese.
  4. Eat with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, or pretzel flats.
  5. Enjoy!

Cobb Dip 2

Looking for more delicious party dips??

BLT Dip 1b

Creamy Jalapeno Corn Dip 5

Comments

Hi Cathy! I hear you on sometimes just needing to get through the day with kids . . I only have 2 so I can only imagine how much harder it is with 4. Hang in there sister . . only one more month of summer!! and you have this fabulous dip!!! hoping the kids give you a break today!

Cathy, I have two children and I’m overwhelmed at times. You are certainly allowed to feel the way you do with a newborn and three other little ones! I, on the other hand, am not looking as forward to fall because I feel like summer just started! My 5-year old begins Kindergarten this year which he’s very excited about though. Your Cobb Dip looks so scrumptious to serve at a football party – and I agree – love how relaxed those parties can be – easy peasy. You’re amazing – and never think twice about it! Have a great weekend!

Cathy this dip is perfection!! I can’t wait to make it. I have three kids, the youngest being 1. And my husband is already set for number 4 to hurry up and get here! I’m not going to lie…I’m scared! I’m so glad I’m not the only one who is exhausted by the end of the day.

This looks insane and what a different dip to bring but SO genius. I love your salads, your dips, your treats…you’re amazing!!! I will definetely be making this the next time I need a yummy dip for a party. In fact, I’m going to one tomorrow but I saw this too late :( This would have been so much better than plain ‘ol “chips and salsa”. Thanks for the idea for next time though!!!

Oh girl, I feel you. I have three boys and I’m absolutely DYING for a girl but… man, 4 just sounds like way more than I can handle. I applaud you!

This looks awesome. Totally making it for football season!

Oh, Cathy! I think every mom feels this way (and if they say they don’t, they’re lying!!) I give you SO much credit for taking care of 4 very active girls while juggling life and blogging. If you ever need a day or vent session, you know where to find me. I really mean that. Big HUG <3

Cathy, I do remember feeling quite overwhelmed many times when mine were young and I think looking forward to fall and a bit of a routine is good. You have a LOT on your plate and from my vantage point, girl, you’re amazing! :) Being a Mom who has successfully made it to the other side with two young adult children (lol), I always say there will never be another job that’s tougher OR more gratifying than being a Mom. Just remember to take care of yourself, too, my friend! Oh, and this dip looks pretty darn incredible! We are big football fans in our house and this is going on the Sunday afternoon snack list! Pinning and sharing – wishing you a happy weekend and sending a hug!

I think every mom out there understands what you are going through! Keep your chin up…you are amazing! And I’ve got to try this recipe!

Hang in there Cathy! I only had 2 kids but definitely felt very overwhelmed at times… I’m sure your little one will be on a good schedule soon… now about this dip – I LOVE this – you seem to know what I like and then you make it! Are you a mind reader :-) Have a good weekend!!

10. Jamie+@+Love+Bakes+Good+Cakes says

Girl, I sooooo get it!! It’s easy to feel overwhelmed – and all of those feelings are normal!! 😉 Keep your chin up, mama! This dip sounds amazing …. football season or not!! :)

11. beke says

I can remember those days of feeling overwhelmed. I have five boys aged 15-5, it just really goes so quickly. I know it doesn’t necessarily feel that way for you right now. Good food can cure quite a bit of wiggles though. Have fun. Thank you for the recipe!

Oh Cathy, First of all this looks delicious! and 2nd of all, oh my goodness can I relate. i had my fourth baby in May and I still feel like I might die everyday!!! 4 kids is a lot!!!! Hope things are getting easier for you. :)

HI! New to your blog and saw this dip on Pintrest. Want to serve this to staff for “Friday Treat Day”. Since it is January, i don’t think I’ll be grilling corn. :) Any suggestions as to what I should do? Would a good quality frozen corn do the trick or could I roast it in the kitchen without too much trouble? Not sure if i could get ears of corn right now anyway. Really am looking forward to this new dip!

Hey Julie! The grilled corn in this dip can easily be replaced with frozen corn that you char in a skillet! I make it that way often! Hope you and your staff enjoy :)

14. Nancy Lemmons says

I just saw your recipe for Cobb Dip on Pinterest & can’t wait to try it. I also have four kids who are now grown. I had four in eight years so I understand what you are experiencing. Enjoy them now because it passes by way too quickly. They are wonderful adults & we enjoy being with them so much but I just look at them & wonder at the ability of time to pass so quickly!

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme
    in our community. Your website provided us with helpful info to work on. You’ve performed an impressive task and our whole
    goup will be grateful to you.

16. marcie smith says

I love this dip recipe!!…..4 kids… wow…. but I’m here to let you know that mine are all grown but live nearby….just hold this thought….. mine are 30 & 31 now…. and what I wouldn’t give up to have those 2 little girls back again for just one day…. time flies Mommy!!! xoxox

Yes! I have used frozen or canned corn and just charred it a bit in a skillet. Hope this helps!

17. Amy C says

I came for the dip recipe but I thoroughly enjoyed your post. My third was born 2 years ago in June and that was the most trying summer of my life. Lucky, fortunate, blessed and brutal. That was the summer I drove my husband for a vasectomy. :)

18. Amy C says

I wish I had found this sooner! For the dip and camaraderie. June 2014 my third was born and it was the most trying summer yet. Lucky, fortunate, blessed and brutal. By August I increased my incoming-K daughter to full-day and I went back to work (very part time) a little early. And then I signed my husband up for a vasectomy. We made it!

1. […] Avocado Cream Cheese Snack Roll Ups /// Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pizza Sticks /// Dried Cantaloupe /// Apple Cookie /// Cheese and Turkey Roll Up /// Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries /// BLT Bites /// Frozen Peanut Butter Snack Square /// Coconut Cream Pie Energy Bites /// Cobb Dip […]