Chicken Salad is a classic… and this Rotisserie Chicken Salad is one of our absolute favorites. Packed with fresh tarragon, lemon juice, and dijon mustard, it’s an easy go-to recipe that’s anything but basic!
What is it about chicken salad that always feels like such a treat? It’s been one of my favorites since I can remember… and over the years I’ve made countless versions of it. But there’s something about this simple tarragon chicken salad that has me hooked.
Not only is it incredibly easy to make – with just 5 basic ingredients – but the fresh tarragon has SO much amazing flavor, it almost tastes gourmet! And when you combine it with mayo, lemon juice, and dijon mustard, it’s like a flavor explosion in the best possible way.
Not a fan of tarragon? No worries! You can substitute any fresh herbs in its place. Some of my favorites are basil, thyme, rosemary, or a combination of all three!
If you’re looking for a go-to chicken salad recipe that’s easy to make and guaranteed to be a hit… this is it!
- 4 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup fresh minced herbs (I used tarragon)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Serve with crackers, bread, or on top of salad.
🥑 Recipe variations
- Reduce mayo to 1/2 cup and add 1 mashed avocado
- Use a combination of 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Add lemon zest for more lemon flavor
- Substitute any kind of chicken for rotisserie
- Add 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Use any of your favorite fresh herbs
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
🥪 Related recipes
- Curry Dijon Chicken Salad
- Antipasto Chicken Salad
- Pesto Chicken Salad
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Salad
- BLT Chicken Salad
- Lemon Piccata Chicken Salad
- Harvest Chicken Salad
- Classic Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 804mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 32g