This post is sponsored by Sugardale Foods and SheKnows Media.
Antipasto Chicken Salad is a delicious twist on a classic! It combines all the traditional antipasto flavors in a simple creamy Italian dressing.
Perfect for summer picnics or weeknight dinners, this chicken salad is amazing in a sandwich or all on its own.
If you love antipasto, you'll love this yummy combo!
There's something about the first warm weekend of the year, when the entire neighborhood comes out of hibernation and literally all anyone can think about is being outside.
This past weekend was our first really warm one, and you better believe we spent most of it on our patio. And between the smell of grilling and the sound of kids playing and the nonstop music all day and night, I'm pretty sure we weren't the only ones.
We even got our first invite to a neighborhood cookout....something that has never happened in 7 years of living here. I think we've just all been waiting so long for spring to arrive that now that it's here? We want to LIVE IT UP.
I absolutely love the idea of impromptu neighborhood cookouts, and I've already decided that my go-to contribution for ALL of them is going to be an antipasto tray.
Seriously what's not to love about antipasto? Between the pepperoni and the salami and the red peppers, artichokes, olives, cheese....you really can't go wrong.
Especially when you use Sugardale Sandwich Pepperoni & Genoa Salami! I don't know about you, but my family LOVES pepperoni and salami, and we love that Sugardale Foods is a family-owed company that has been in business for nearly a century. All of their products are made in the U.S.A. and the flavor is amazing!
Both Sugardale Sandwich Pepperoni and Sugardale Genoa Salami are made with premium quality ingredients and are carefully crafted to provide a genuine old-world Italian flavor.
They're perfect for snacking, using as a toping on pizzas, or adding to salads, pastas, sandwiches.....or.....chicken salads!
My kids have been asking for salami and pepperoni sandwiches nearly every day, and snacking on them straight out of the package in between. And I have to say....I really can't blame them!
And let's be honest. Why stop at an antipasto tray when you can take all those yummy flavors and add them to another favorite....like chicken salad!
I'm a huge fan of chicken salad, and I love mixing it up. Whether it's BLT Chicken Salad or Pesto Chicken Salad or Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Salad, I've never met one I didn't like. And this Antipasto Chicken Salad is no exception!
Loaded with Sugardale Pepperoni and Sugardale Salami, along with a healthy dose of artichokes, olives, roasted red peppers, and cheese, Antipasto Chicken Salad is literally a flavor explosion.
And when you mix it with a simple, creamy Italian dressing....let's just say I could eat it every day.
WHAT IS ANTIPASTO?
The word antipasto means "before the meal", and antipasto is the traditional first course of a formal Italian meal. A typical antipasto platter consists of meats, cheeses, olives, peppers, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and other vegetables in oil or vinegar.
HOW IS ANTIPASTO SERVED?
Antipasto is typically served on a platter, possibly with some type of bread or crackers. It makes a simple, satisfying appetizer and can even double as a meal.
HOW DO YOU MAKE ANTIPASTO CHICKEN SALAD?
- Poach 2 pounds of chicken breast (chicken can also be grilled or baked) and cut it into small cubes.
- Chop salami, pepperoni, Provolone cheese, marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, olives, and fresh parsley.
- Combine ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Prepare dressing by combining mayo, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over chicken salad and mix well.
- Serve with bread, crackers, crostini, or enjoy as is!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 5 pieces Sugardale Sandwich Pepperoni, chopped
- 5 pieces Sugardale Genoa Salami, chopped
- 2 slices Provolone cheese, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup mixed olives, chopped
- ¼ cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, minced
- ⅓ cup mayo
- ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken, pepper, salami, cheese, red peppers, olives, artichoke hearts, and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, parmesan cheese, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour dressing over chicken salad and stir until combined.
- Serve on a sandwich, on top of a crostini, or enjoy as is!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 475mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g