Bean Salad is an easy, delicious side dish, and this version is always a hit! Made with three types of beans, fresh veggies, and a simple homemade cumin lime vinaigrette… it’s a flavor-packed side dish that makes a delicious addition to any meal!
I’m always on the lookout for fun new side dishes, and when a friend told me about this black bean salad she had made, it got me thinking. Why stop at black beans when you can add more? And so I started adding… and the rest is history!
This Three Bean Salad is made with not one, not two, but THREE different types of beans, along with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, red onion, avocado, and so much more.
It’s seasoned with cumin and lime juice in a delicious homemade vinaigrette… and it’s pretty much the ideal side dish for SO many occasions.
I took it to a cookout the other day and everyone fell in love. Not only is it light and healthy and packed with amazing flavor… but it’s so vibrant and colorful, you can’t help but dive right in!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine beans and vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to combine.
Leftover salad should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. (*You may want to remove the avocado for storage and replace it with fresh avocado, as it will brown quickly.)
🌽 Recipe variations
- Add 1/2 cup corn
- Substitute Great Northern, Cannellini, Navy, or any of your favorite beans
- Omit jalapeño, cilantro, cumin, and lime juice; substitute parsley, minced garlic, and lemon juice
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips
- Add additional seasonings to the dressing (e.g. chili powder, coriander, garlic)
- For more heat, add 2 jalapeños or any of your favorite peppers
🥗 Related recipes
- 5 Bean Salad
- Confetti Bean Dip
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burritos
- 5 Bean Chili
- Black Bean Soup
- Cowboy Caviar
- White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g