This Baked Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is ooey, gooey, and perfect for fall. Enjoy it with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or any of your favorite dippers!
Well, we’re finally getting our first taste of fall. After weeks of hotter than hot weather, tons of rain, and the feeling that summer might never end, fall is here. Temperatures are in the 60’s, there’s a chill in our house, the girls are asking to pull out their warm clothes, and the leaves are just starting to change. Finally! I seriously feel like it’s late this year.
And suddenly….just this week….it feels less like the beginning of the school year and more like time for fall break. And leaf piles. And Halloween! Time to start thinking about costumes and candy and trick or treat. And….time to start thinking about our Halloween party!!! I’d be lying if I said it was an annual tradition, since last year was the first year of it. But. It was so fun, and such a great way to celebrate Halloween, and it totally got me in the spirit of the holiday. More than ever before. So if you ask me, we’re having a party….this year and every year! And we’re definitely making this Baked Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip.
It’s deliciously creamy and gooey and tastes like a combination between cheesecake and apple pie. Which, if ask me, is the only dessert I want to eat this fall!
what you’ll need for this recipe
Cream cheese – Cream cheese forms the creamy base of this dip. I used two 8 ounce packages of plain cream cheese, softened.
Sour cream – I added 1/2 cup of sour cream to balance out the thickness of the cream cheese. You can also substitute plain Greek yogurt if you prefer.
Granulated sugar – I used 1/2 cup of granulated sugar to sweeten the dip. You can also use light brown sugar for a slightly different flavor.
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract adds extra depth and balances out the flavors in this dip.
Apple pie filling – I used one full can of apple pie filling, which can be found in the baking aisle at your local grocery store. You can also substitute 1 1/2 cups of homemade apple pie filling. *NOTE: if your pie filling has sliced apples, you may want to chop them before adding them to the dip.
Streusel topping – For the streusel topping I combined 1/2 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 3 Tablespoons of melted butter.
Caramel topping – I drizzled caramel sundae topping over the dip after baking to give it a delicious caramel apple flavor.
how to make baked caramel apple cheesecake dip
Make the base. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
Layer the dip. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly in the bottom of a 10 inch pie plate. Top with apple pie filling.
Make the streusel. In a small bowl, combine the flour, melted butter and brown sugar to make the streusel topping. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the pie filling.
Bake. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with caramel topping. Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers, pretzels, apple slices, or any of your favorite dippers.
- Use any flavor of pie filling
- Use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar in the cheesecake filling
- Add 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or apple pie spice to the cheesecake filling
- Omit the streusel topping
- Add oats to the streusel topping
- Substitute almond flour in the streusel to make it gluten free
- Omit the caramel for a less sweet dip
what you’ll love about this recipe
This dip has all the flavors of apple cheesecake, but it’s SO much easier to make! You’ll love how easy the prep is, how quickly it comes together, and the fact that it truly is a no-fail recipe. Plus… it’s warm and gooey and perfect for fall!
more ways to use apple pie filling
- Apple Pie Crescent Rolls
- Apple Pie Bars
- Caramel Apple Lush Dessert
- Easy Apple Cobbler
- Apple Brie Turnovers
- Apple Cheesecake Wonton Cups
- Apple Cheesecake Parfaits
- 2 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can apple pie filling (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- caramel sundae topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of a 10 inch pie plate.
- Top with apple pie filling. *Note: if your apple pie filling has sliced apples, I would suggest chopping them for easier dipping.
- In a separate small bowl, combine flour, melted butter, and brown sugar to create streusel topping.
- Sprinkle topping over pie filling.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel topping as desired. Serve with vanilla wafers, crackers, pretzels, or your favorite dippers!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g