Baileys Chocolate Mousse is a deliciously light, fluffy chocolate mousse, infused with the sweet flavor of Baileys Irish Cream. This easy dessert recipe is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
I had a moment the other day…..a moment where I started thinking about just how fun it would be to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day “adult-style”. I have those moments from time to time…..mainly because they’re so far out of my reach….and the thought of ditching all responsibilities for a day sounds absolutely amazing!
The last time we celebrated “adult-style” was the year Ellia was born. We had Grandma and Grandpa babysit for the day, we went out for brunch, we drank Guinness and Irish whiskey, we stayed out all day…… It was tons of fun, and a day I remember fondly. And then we came home. And we had to be parents to an almost one year old! And that’s the last time we ever went out on St. Patrick’s Day.
That’s just not where our lives are at right now….and chances are….it’s not where our lives will ever be again. And while part of me is disappointed, a bigger part of me is relieved. Especially now that we have 4 kids……can you imagine what that would feel like to come home to!?!?
That said, we still like to have fun every now and then. We just do it differently! Instead of downing shots, we down spoonfuls of decadent Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse. After downing our Reubens, of course. And you know what? It’s just as fun. And WAY more delicious.
I hope you love this Baileys chocolate mousse recipe as much as I do!
Bailey's Chocolate Mousse
- 2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/4 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder for a more intense chocolate flavor, add 1 additional Tbsp.
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream very cold
- 1/2 c. Baileys Irish Cream very cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- *Before beginning, prep bowl and beaters by placing in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to chill.*
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let stand to cool.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; add heavy cream.
- Beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; gradually pour in Baileys, vanilla, and gelatin mixture, beating continuously at high speed until well-blended and soft peaks form.
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into serving dishes and place in refrigerator to chill. (*For a faster setting mousse, chill bowls before filling.)
- Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Looking for more recipes with Bailey’s?
My blogging friends love recipes with Baileys, too!
Baileys Fudge, from Wine & Glue.