This Bailey's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is a perfect quick Sunday breakfast or an easy portable snack. This delicious chocolate cake paired with a coffee will be your new favorite treat.
Let's talk St. Patrick's Day for a moment, shall we? Do you celebrate? There are very few holidays we DON'T celebrate around here (we're always looking for a reason to do something fun!) but I must say....St. Patrick's Day is not one we typically do a whole lot for. Sure, we have the house decorated and will do some fun art projects leading up to it, and of course we HAVE to set a leprechaun trap each year (Ellia is already coming up with the plan....) but other than that, the most celebrating we will do is with food!
Before we talk food, though, let's talk leprechaun traps. Have you ever had any luck with yours? We typically use Lucky Charms, maybe some Skittles, and something sticky so the leprechaun will hopefully be unable to escape. One year we caught some fabric from his coat, another year we caught some of his orange hair, and another year we caught a bunch of gold coins he had spilled from his pot! But we have never actually caught a leprechaun. Hopefully Ellia's idea this year is top notch.....!
Bailey's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake - Delicious!
Okay...back to St. Patrick's Day food....and, specifically, this cake! There are so may fun St. Patrick's Day foods - anything green or minty, corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread, Lucky Charms (ha) and, most years, Bailey's Irish Cream! This year, of course, Bailey's is off limits for me....but I couldn't resist including it in some of my holiday recipes. What can I say? I'm a Bailey's lover....(last year I even made my own) and it's so perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
This recipe is infused with Bailey's both in the cake and in the icing....because if you're going to do Bailey's, you might as well DO BAILEY'S, right?? And what better flavor to pair it with than chocolate?? I'd be lying if I said I didn't at least TRY this cake....I did! After all, I can't share a recipe with all of you that I haven't even tried, myself! Let's just say that if you love delicious things, you'll love this cake! I guess it also helps if you love Bailey's. But my thinking is that if you're celebrating St. Patrick's Day, you HAVE to love Bailey's....RIGHT??
Bailey's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe
Bailey's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Bailey's Irish Cream or more to reach desired consistency
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- Allow butter, eggs, sour cream, and Bailey's to stand at room temperature 30 min.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high speed 30 seconds.
- Gradually add sugar, beating approx. 10 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition.
- Combine sour cream and Bailey's; stir well. Add dry mixture and sour cream mixture alternately to beaten mixture, beating after each addition until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, Bailey's Irish Cream, and cocoa powder.
- Stir to combine; drizzle over cake.
For another great Bailey's recipe, try my Bailey's Chocolate Mousse!
This Vanilla Pound Cake from Lovefoodies looks amazing!