Welcome in fall with this easy Apple Pie Bread!
This quick bread combines fresh chopped apples with brown sugar cinnamon streusel and a sweet cinnamon glaze. It comes together in no time and bakes up into a delicious treat no one can resist.
Perfect for breakfast, snack, or even dessert….if you love apple pie, you’ll fall in love with this Apple Pie Bread!
I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
Apple Pie. It’s basically the quintessential fall dessert!
It’s the perfect way to take advantage of fresh fall apples and seriously the best way to make your house smell amazing.
And if you can find a way to have it for breakfast? Even better.
Apple Pie Bread is quite possibly our favorite bread ever. Not just because it means you can have apple pie for breakfast…(although that’s a definite bonus)….but because it’s literally oozing with deliciousness.
Between the fresh chopped apples and the brown sugar cinnamon streusel and the sweet cinnamon glaze, this bread really does have it all.
And best of all, it’s quick and easy to make.
It’s an ideal grab & go option for busy mornings, and perfect for enjoying with a cup of coffee on a lazy weekend day. And….it would make an amazing addition to any holiday meal or dessert table!
I was inspired to make this Apple Pie Bread by one of my latest trips to Pick ‘n Save. There was just something about all the different varieties of apples – the colors, the sizes, the flavors – that I couldn’t resist.
I always love the fresh produce at Pick ‘n Save, and I love the fact that I know I’ll find everything I need.
For this Apple Pie Bread I selected Gala and Granny Smith apples, along with their new Smidge & Spoon Sugar and some of my favorite Simple Truth Organic ingredients.
And the end result was nothing short of amazing….if I do say so myself.
HOW DO YOU MAKE APPLE PIE BREAD?
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3 c. flour, 1 c. sugar, 1 Tbsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing old combine 1 large egg, 1 2/3 c. milk, and 1/4 c. oil. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- Add 1 c. chopped, peeled apples (I used Gala and Granny Smith) and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl combine 6 Tbsp. flour, 6 Tbsp. sugar, 4 Tbsp. softened butter, and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon. Use a fork to blend until mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Sprinkle half of streusel over the first 1/2 of batter; add remaining batter and sprinkle remaining streusel over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 60-75 minutes, until bread is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack; remove loaf from pan and cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 2 1/2 tsp. milk, and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon until smooth. Spoon over cooled bread.
WHAT KIND OF APPLES ARE BEST FOR APPLE PIE BREAD?
I used a combination of Gala and Granny Smith apples in this Apple Pie Bread, but you can use any of your favorites. In general, I like to combine a sweet variety with a tart variety for a more well-rounded flavor.
HOW DO YOU STORE APPLE PIE BREAD?
This Apple Pie Bread should be stored at room temperature. I typically wrap mine in foil or store it on a covered plate, but you can also store it in a large ziploc bag or other airtight container.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 226mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 22g Protein: 4g