This Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken is the ultimate dinner recipe! Ready in 30 minute or less, this dish is packed with flavor and so easy to make.
It combines boneless, skinless chicken breasts with basil pesto, grape tomatoes, and two types of cheese.
Perfect for weekday dinners or date nights in….if you’re looking for an easy, delicious twist on dinner, you’ll love this pesto stuffed chicken recipe!
I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
When it comes to dinner, my family is all about chicken.
It might have something to do with the fact that it’s my favorite thing to make (and eat)…so everyone else has learned to love it too. But the truth is, we eat a lot of it.
This easy dinner recipe is made with less than 10 ingredients, but it’s seriously packed with flavor. Between the fresh tomatoes and the basil pesto and two types of cheese….it’s like an explosion in every bite.
I’ve always been a huge fan of pesto because it adds SO much flavor to any recipe. Pesto Chicken Salad and Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken are a couple of my favorites, but truthfully? I love it so much I could eat it straight from the jar!
And when you combine it with cheese…and tomatoes…and chicken…you really can’t go wrong. Which is exactly what I did i this Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken recipe!
Of course, I found everything I needed to make this yummy recipe at our go-to grocery store, Pick ‘n Save.
Pick ‘n Save always has the best selection of ingredients, from fresh produce to cheeses to meats. I’ve been loving their new Heritage Farm chicken breasts, which come in a family pack that’s perfect for this recipe.
And speaking of perfect….the MOST perfect part of this recipe is how incredibly easy it is to make! Just 5 minutes of prep and 25 minutes of cooking time and you have yourself a dinner that everyone is sure to devour.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHEESY PESTO STUFFED CHICKEN?
- Start with 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Slice each chicken breast along one side to create a pocket. Be sure not to cut them all the way through.
- Stuff each pocket with 1 slice provolone cheese and 1-2 Tbsp. prepared pesto.Pinch chicken breasts closed and use toothpicks to secure.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Add 3 Tbsp. butter to a large baking pan. Place in preheated oven to melt butter, then add 3 Tbsp. lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Place chicken breasts in baking pan; cover with foil and bake 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with shaved 1/2 c. shaved parmesan.
- Combine remaining pesto with 2 Tbsp. olive oil; spoon over chicken breasts.
- Top with 1/2 c. halved grape tomatoes and fresh basil.
CAN STUFFED CHICKEN BE FROZEN?
Yes, you can absolutely prepare stuffed chicken breasts in advance and freeze until ready to bake. To do so, simply slice the chicken breasts along the side, stuff with cheese and pesto, and secure with toothpicks. You can then store them all together in a gallon size freezer bag or individually in smaller sized bags. To bake, remove them from the freezer and follow the recipe instructions. You will need to increase baking time to 45 minutes.
WHAT GOES WITH STUFFED CHICKEN?
Stuffed Chicken goes well with a variety of side dishes, from salad to noodles to vegetables. I would suggest pairing it with Parmesan Roasted Green Beans, 3-Cheese Loaded Italian Salad, or these 30-Minute Dinner Rolls.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 511mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 17g