Chicken Wonton Cups are loaded with creamy chicken, cheese, and peppers and packed with delicious southwest flavor. These quick and easy bites are the perfect holiday appetizer - sure to become a new family favorite!
It's funny how things change between childhood and adulthood. How things that started out feeling like a great idea (e.g. mac & cheese for every meal) don't necessarily feel the same as an adult, and things that were forced upon us as kids (e.g. daytime naps) somehow end up feeling like the ultimate treat.
So when it comes to the holidays, it's no wonder that my kids and I have different ideas of how to celebrate them. For them, it would ALWAYS be a giant party; for me, something small and low key. And the discrepancy is never more apparent than on New Year's Eve. Every year, when New Year's Eve rolls around, my kids' favorite question is, "What are we doing??" They want party hats and poppers and clappers and confetti... and they want the party to go with it! And, to be honest, I completely understand - because that used to be me! In fact, up until recently, the idea of staying in on New Year's Eve sounded like a complete bust. Oh, how quickly things change.
Because now there's nothing that sounds more fun or relaxing or enjoyable than making our own New Year's Eve fun, at home, without the party! All we need is some good food, some fun drinks, a little music, and the promise of watching the ball drop at midnight, and we're good to go!
Chicken Wonton Cups - A perfect appetizer
Did I mention the delicious food? Clearly, no New Year's Eve celebration would be complete without it, and these Southwest Chicken Wonton Cups are one of our favorite appetizers ever! They're simple to make - with just a handful of ingredients.
My kids loved helping with these. And best of all: there's something about helping make the food that makes ALL the difference. Suddenly a New Year's Eve celebration at home - with Southwest Chicken Wonton Cups - sounds a whole lot more exciting!
So. How do you do New Year's Eve? Are you a night on the town kind of person, or does celebrating at home sound as fun to you as it does to me? Either way, you MUST make these Southwest Chicken Wonton Cups. They really are the perfect little bites! They're crunchy, creamy, flavor-packed, and perfect for the whole family. Destined to become your new favorite appetizer, and guaranteed to make all your holiday celebrations more enjoyable!
Chicken Wonton Cups Recipe
Southwest Chicken Wonton Cups
- 1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken diced
- 1 c. Daisy Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Southwest Seasoning
- 1 package 24 count wonton wrappers
- 1/2 c. diced green pepper
- 1/2 c. diced red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine chicken, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine cheese and southwest seasoning. Set aside.
- Spray 2 muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup; bake 8-10 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Spoon chicken filling into each wonton cup, filling almost until full.
- Sprinkle with cheese mixture and bell peppers. *Cups will be full.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until wontons are golden brown and cheese is melted.
If you love these chicken wonton cups, then be sure to try my Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
For more great recipes, follow us on Pinterest!