This Banana Split Fruit Pizza combines two favorites in one delicious dessert that’s easy to prepare and sure to be a hit!
So…today’s the day! The last day of school. The day the kids have been waiting for with sheer excitement, the day I’ve been anticipating with my typical mixture of relief and fear. No more early morning rush, no more last minute lunches, no more nightly homework, no more classroom drama. But on the flip side? No more structure! Which always has me more than a little worried.
My plan? To start summer off with a bang. Meaning a trip to Chicago this weekend, play dates and zoo days and sleepovers next week, a summer bucket list to guarantee we take full advantage of the kids’ time off. And hopefully…..some structure. A la summer school, swimming lessons, daily quiet time….!?!? (Not likely, but I can dream, right??)
My other plan? To try my best to keep things simple. In our schedule, in our activities, and definitely in our kitchen! The good news? Summer is the perfect time for simplicity, and I KNOW I’m not the only one who needs things to be as quick and easy as possible. Which is why I know you’ll love this Banana Split Fruit Pizza as much as I do!
Not only does it make use of refrigerated sugar cookie dough (it doesn’t get easier than that), it’s made with just 10 ingredients and takes less than 20 minutes of prep. And best of all, it’s super fun and so impressive! Nothing says summer quite like a banana split dessert, and when it comes in the form of a fruit pizza? It’s a guaranteed win.
So we can all can keep our promise of a stress-free, simple summer….without completely giving up on making impressive things. Impressive, delicious things. Look out, summer. HERE! WE! COME!
- 1 (16 oz.) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 large banana
- 8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 thinly sliced rings fresh pineapple, cut into sixths
- 1 Tbsp. chopped nuts
- For chocolate ganache:
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press cookie dough evenly into greased 12-14 inch pizza pan.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust.
- Top with sliced bananas, sliced strawberries, and sliced pineapple.
- Sprinkle with crushed nuts.
- For chocolate ganache:
- Bring cream just to a boil. Add chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Drizzle over pizza.
- Serve immediately or soon after making.