This Strawberry Cucumber Salad combines fresh strawberries and cucumbers with feta cheese and fresh mint, all tossed in a light lemony vinaigrette. An explosion of flavor (and crunch) in every bite!
Well, my friends….they’re finally here! Our CUCUMBERS! Can you tell I’m a little excited? It’s just that it’s been so long….and we’ve tried so hard….and the fact that we finally have edible cucumbers for the first time in forever, well, it’s more than a little thrilling. It’s life changing, really.
Life changing? you might ask. And even though I know it sounds dramatic, I would say yes. Life changing. Because not only do we have delicious vegetables, ripe for the picking, straight from our garden (which is so fun for the kids and amazing for me), but I’m also proving that I can take care of something other than my children. Or I should say in addition to my children. Which, for me, feels huge.
See, the last time we had a viable garden with edible veggies was 6 summers ago. Back at our first house. Back when we had just 2 kids. And then we got pregnant, and moved, and had two more babies, and life got crazy…..and not being able to keep a garden alive always felt like a reminder that we really couldn’t handle taking care of one. more. thing. And now….it feels like maybe we can!
Not that we’re really looking for more things to take care of. But. The point is we could. If we wanted to. And further proof is the fact that I’ve kept my hanging flower baskets alive since Mother’s Day! Which, for me, is unheard of. So if you don’t mind, I’m just going to go bask in the glory of not being completely and 100% in survival mode anymore. I gotta say – it feels pretty amazing.
Speaking of amazing – this Strawberry Cucumber Salad!!! Made with fresh strawberries and the homegrown cucumbers I can’t get enough of, I must say this is one combination I do NOT regret trying. It’s a lot like my Tomato, Cucumber & Feta Salad….only with strawberries instead of tomatoes and the delicious addition of mint. If the kids would let me, I’d use ALL the cucumbers from our garden on this salad. But alas, they have other plans. Good thing there seems to be NO shortage.
more cucumber recipes you’ll love
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Sandwiches
- Cucumber Caprese Salad
- Cucumber Pasta Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Salsa
- Chickpea Cucumber Feta Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, quartered
- 4 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, cucumbers, red onion, feta cheese, and fresh mint.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and pepper in a small container with a lid. Shake vigorously to mix.
- Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the bowl and toss gently.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This salad is best when eaten within 1-2 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g