This Strawberries & Cream Lush Dessert combines a crunchy cookie crust with vanilla pudding, whipped topping, and fresh strawberries for a delicious summer treat that’s guaranteed to become a favorite!
A couple months ago, I had some of my favorite ladies over for dinner. It was a group made up of moms from my girls’ school, including my next door neighbor, a teacher at the school, and two friends who have kids the same age as mine. It’s a group I’ve wanted to get together for a while…..and as soon as it happened, I knew why. These ladies are a HOOT!
It all started when I posted my Baked Turkey & Cheese Sandwiches, and one of them saw the photo on Facebook. She texted me and told me we HAD to have a ladies’ night soon…..because she would love to see me, and she would REALLY love to try those sandwiches. Well, who am I to say no to someone who wants to try something I’ve made?? Clearly a ladies’ night was in order.
So I whipped up the sandwiches, threw together an Apple-Brie Salad, pre-mixed some Chocolate Strawberry Martinis, and got all the ingredients ready for Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue. We spent the night eating and talking and laughing….and before we knew it, it was nearing 1 am and we were all dreading the next morning. And we never even made it to the fondue!
Needless to say, we’ve been working on a dessert night. Because everyone deserves a little Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue in their lives. But ever since we started talking about it, no one can seem to agree on which desserts they *must* try. The fondue? Or Baileys Chocolate Sheet Cake? Or Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cakes? The list goes on. And I’m about to add another one to the mix. This Strawberries & Cream Lush Dessert!
Have you ever tried lush? It’s a delicious, almost no-bake dessert that is absolutely perfect for summer. It’s rich and creamy, with a crunchy crust, and can be made in any flavor under the sun. I originally tried a banana version, which was amazing….but this Strawberries & Cream Lush is even better. And just in time for National Strawberries & Cream Day, which is today!!!
- 1 cup vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounce container Cool Whip
- 3 cups milk
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding (3.4 ounces each)
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- For crust:
- Combine crushed vanilla wafers, melted butter, and chopped nuts in a medium mixing bowl.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan; bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 c. Cool Whip.
- Layer mixture on cooled crust.
- Combine milk and vanilla pudding, mixing until pudding forms.
- Spread mixture onto cream cheese layer.
- Layer sliced strawberries on top of pudding mixture, reserving some strawberries for top layer.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and strawberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g