Chocolate Mousse Stuffed Strawberries are the ultimate no-bake dessert!
These delicious fresh strawberries are stuffed with the best chocolate mousse and topped with Oreo cookie crumbs. They’re easy to make, delicious to enjoy, and guaranteed to impress.
If you love chocolate covered strawberries, you’ll love this chocolate stuffed alternative! Perfect for Valentine’s Day, date nights, or any special occasion.
Anyone else out there who feels like chocolate + strawberries = a Valentine’s Day MUST?
Whether we’re talking about Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Hearts or Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pancakes or a Chocolate Strawberry Martini…there’s no doubt that the chocolate strawberry combo was made for Valentine’s Day.
And as much as I love straight up chocolate covered strawberries, I have to say. There’s something about these Chocolate Mousse Stuffed Strawberries that’s extra. Extra special. Extra decadent. Extra delicious.
And even though mousse is SO easy to make, there’s always something about it that seems fancy. Am I right? And when it comes to Valentine’s Day…the fancier, the better!
These Chocolate Mousse Stuffed Strawberries are the perfect ending to a romantic dinner for two, and would make a delicious addition to any Valentine’s Day party. Ready to get started??
WHAT IS MOUSSE?
Mousse is a sweet or savory dish that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light, airy texture. Sweet mousse is typically made with whipped egg whites, whipped cream, or both. It can be flavored with chocolate, caramel, coffee, fruits, or extracts such as vanilla or almond.
WHAT ARE SOME TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE MOUSSE?
- Have all of your equipment ready and measure out ingredients before getting started.
- Chill your heavy cream, beaters, and mixing bowl to ensure greater volume and better texture.
- Use full fat ingredients. Do not attempt to substitute half & half for the heavy cream.
- Beat ingredients at medium, not high speed. Medium speed will produce the most stable mousse.
CAN YOU MAKE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE IN ADVANCE?
Yes. Because chocolate mousse requires some time to set, it’s the perfect dessert to make in advance. Simply mix as directed and cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap before chilling. It can be chilled anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 days. To fill strawberries with mousse that has been made in advance, spoon mousse into a piping bag and fill as desired.
CAN MOUSSE BE FROZEN?
Yes, mousse can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator until mousse is spoonable.
HOW DO YOU HOLLOW OUT STRAWBERRIES?
- Wash strawberries thoroughly and pat them dry.
- Cut off the top of each strawberry so no green is remaining.
- Using a paring knife, cut around the center of each strawberry, angling your knife inward. Remove the center, leaving a narrow rim. *You can also start by pressing a large sturdy straw or cupcake corer into the center of the strawberry, then using a knife to remove the flesh.
- Place strawberries cut side down on paper towel to soak up any extra juice.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 6mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1g