Peanut Butter Cookies are a childhood favorite, and these ones are the BEST! Light, crispy, and packed with peanut butter flavor… if you’re looking for a go-to recipe that everyone will love, this is it!!
We all have certain foods that bring us right back to childhood… and for me, peanut butter cookies are one of them. They’re the cookies my mom made most often, and they’ve always been one of my favorites. And now that I’m an adult? I think I love them even more.
Not only are they a classic… and so incredibly delicious… but they seriously couldn’t be easier to make. And they turn out perfect every single time!
There are lots of different versions of peanut butter cookies, but this one is our absolute favorite. It’s light and crispy and lightly coated in sugar… basically everything a delicious peanut butter cookie should be. And once you add that cute little criss cross pattern? They’re basically heaven… in cookie form.
The BEST part of this recipe? It’s made with ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry!
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for dipping
These cookies couldn’t be easier to make. No chilling required… which means you have fresh baked peanut butter cookies in under 30 minutes from start to finish!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Roll dough into one inch balls, then roll in granulated sugar.
- Place cookie dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookie dough slightly, making a criss-cross pattern with the back of a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
🥜 Recipe variations
It’s hard to improve on classic peanut butter cookies, but if you’re looking to mix things up, here are some ideas:
- Add 1/2 cup chopped peanuts to the dough
- Use crunchy peanut butter in place of creamy
- Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the dough
- Top with a Maple Cinnamon Glaze by combining the following:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Top with chocolate and peanut butter (check out my Chocolate Peanut Butter Overload Cookies for inspiration!)
❓Why do peanut butter cookies have a criss cross pattern?
Aside from making a fun decoration, the criss cross pattern is to help with baking. Because peanut butter cookie dough is a thick, solid dough, it helps to compress them a bit so they can bake evenly.
Leftovers (if you have any!) should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
🍪 Related recipes
If you love cookies (and who doesn’t!?) here are some more delicious recipes for you to try!
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pistachio Cookies
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g