These Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are a delicious taste of the tropics! These simple sugar cookies are flavored with coconut and lime zest, then topped with a sweet lime icing. A new favorite cookie!
Do you ever find yourself drawn to the same flavor combinations over and over again? Right around this time of year, EVERY year, I find myself craving coconut & lime. And can you blame me? We’ve endured nearly 4 months of winter and all we want is sun. And warmth. And anything that reminds us that there’s life outside of winter.
Honestly, we’re in the home stretch…I know it. A month from now, spring will be here and winter will almost seem like a distant memory. Almost. But until then, coconut+lime will have to suffice. And I must say….these Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are doing a REALLY good job.
I don’t know about you, but for me, nothing beats a good sugar cookie. And these sugar cookies are AMAZING. Not just because of the coconut and lime, which clearly puts them over the edge….but because the cookies, themselves, are perfect! They’re soft and chewy and packed with delicious flavor, just like a sugar cookie should be.
Speaking of happy….these Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are guaranteed to make you happy. Not just because they’re SO delicious, but because they’ll make you feel like you’re sitting on a beach, soaking up the sun, living the life. Or at least enjoying a really good Coconut Lime Sugar Cookie. Which, if you ask me, is a pretty good second.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 14 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 teaspoons coconut extract
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar and softened butter; cream mixture until light and fluffy, 4-6 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add coconut extract and lime zest, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using 2 Tablespoons of dough at a time, roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each dough ball with the bottom of a glass to 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, prepare icing by combining powdered sugar with 2 Tablespoons lime juice. Slowly add more lime juice until desired consistency is reached. Stir in lime zest; spoon onto cookies as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
For another great cookies recipe, try my Samoa Chocolate Chip Cookie