Oatmeal Cookies are a classic, and this is my family’s all time FAVORITE recipe. Soft and chewy on the inside, and perfectly crispy around the edges… if there were a perfect oatmeal cookie, this would be it!
Do you ever feel like Oatmeal Cookies are underrated? Because I sure do. Given the choice of chocolate chip or oatmeal… is there really even a question?
There seems to be a commonly held belief that for oatmeal cookies to even be in the running, adding chocolate chips is a MUST. Well. I’m here to change that idea… because these cookies are absolute PERFECTION.
They’re sweet and chewy, with a healthy dose of cinnamon and just the right amount of crunch. Between the texture and the flavor… everything about them is spot on.
So what makes this recipe so much different than others? Well, for starters, it uses a combination of browned butter and oil, which is what gives the cookies that perfectly chewy texture. It also has a full teaspoon of both cinnamon and vanilla, which gives them the most amazing flavor.
Still don’t believe me? Try them for yourself! I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Continue heating, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
- Remove butter from heat and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Add cinnamon, sugars, and canola oil and stir well.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Chill dough 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls using 2-3 Tbsp. of dough at a time.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes.
🍫 Recipe variations
- Add 1 c. chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- Add 3/4 c. raisins or dried cranberries
- Add 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- Add 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Add 3/4 c. shredded coconut
🌡 Storing cookies
Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, and are best when eaten within 1 week.
🍪 Related recipes
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g