These Loaded Chicken Quesadillas have it all! Crisp tortillas stuffed with seasoned shredded chicken, bell peppers, onions, black beans, avocado, cilantro, corn, and white cheddar cheese.
These loaded quesadillas make the perfect game day appetizer and double as an after school snack or weeknight dinner. We love dipping ours in homemade guacamole and fresh salsa, but they're also completely delicious all on their own.
If you love finding different ways to make quesadillas, you'll LOVE this easy chicken quesadilla recipe!
I partnered with Pick 'n Save to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
I don't know about you, but I'm always on the search for fun new recipes to make when we have friends over. I guess it's because when friends come over it's usually for some type of game or party or event....and we want the food to match the fun!
And these Loaded Chicken Quesadillas are just that! Quick, easy, and perfect for your next party or get together. One of the things I love most about quesadillas is that the possibilities are truly endless. You can choose all your favorite fillings....and they can be different every time!
One of our favorite ways to make them? Load them up with EVERYTHING. Like chicken and cheese and peppers and onions and black beans and corn and avocado.....all the flavors I think of when I think quesadillas!
And since I can find everything I need for them at Pick 'n Save, that's where I go. Every. Single. Time.
I especially love that I can find so much of what I'm looking for in their Simple Truth brand, an all-natural line of products that has become my clear go-to. They have everything from Simple Truth corn and black beans to rotisserie chicken and cheese. And you better believe I used everything I could find.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN QUESADILLAS?
It's easy! Just follow these simple steps to make the BEST chicken quesadillas in no time at all:
- Start with a skillet and about 1 Tbsp. oil. Heat the oil over medium heat, then add a large tortilla.
- Fill half of the tortilla with toppings. Be sure to really load them up! The more cheese/chicken/veggies....the better!
- Fold the tortilla in half, drizzle the pan with a bit more oil, and then add a second large tortilla.
- Fill the second tortilla halfway with toppings and fold it on top of itself.
- After about 5 minutes, check the bottom side for browning. Once it's golden brown and crispy, flip. (You may need to add more oil.)
- Cook until both sides are golden brown and crispy; remove from pan and cut with a knife or pizza cutter.
CAN I MAKE QUESADILLAS IN THE OVEN?
Yes! You can absolutely make quesadillas in the oven, and making them this way is ideal when you need to feed a larger crowd. Oven-baked quesadillas are assembled the same way as traditional quesadillas, but on a sheet pan instead of a skillet. Depending on the size of the sheet pan, you can probably fit 3-4 on each pan. Then simply bake at 375° for 10 minutes and broil for a few minutes until they turn brown and crisp up.
WHAT ARE THE BEST TOPPINGS FOR QUESADILLAS?
Just as the possibilities for filling quesadillas are endless, so are the possibilities for topping them! Some of our favorite toppings for these Loaded Chicken Quesadillas are salsa, guacamole, cilantro, and fresh jalapeños. Other ideas include sour cream, melted cheese, or your favorite hot sauce.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped red pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp. Simple Truth sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. Simple Truth black beans
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz. Simple Truth white cheddar shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 slices avocado
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions, and corn; saute approx. 5 minutes
- Stir in shredded chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and kosher salt. Heat through.
- In a separate large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Place 1 tortilla in the skillet and add shredded cheese, chicken mixture, black beans, cilantro, and avocado over HALF of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half and slide to the edge of the pan.
- Place second tortilla in the skillet and add remaining ingredients over half of the tortilla; fold tortilla in half.
- Cook for approx. 5 minutes on the first side, then check for browning. Once tortillas have reached desired level of browning, flip and cook approx. 5 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from skillet; cut into wedges. Serve with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, or any of your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g