The BEST White Chicken Chili! If you love chicken chili, you’ll love this creamy, delicious twist!
This recipe comes together quickly and is always a favorite – perfect for game days, weeknight dinners, and family gatherings.
Make it with rotisserie chicken for an extra easy dinner, and top it with all your favorites for a delicious dish everyone will love!
Whether you’re a traditional chili fan or prefer white bean chili, you’ll love the amazing flavor in this Creamy White Chicken Chili recipe….sure to become a new favorite!
HOW DO YOU MAKE WHITE CHICKEN CHILI?
- Start with your favorite chicken. This recipe calls for rotisserie chicken, but is equally delicious with cooked chicken breast. Choose whichever your family prefers or whichever makes your life easier!
- Choose your white beans. Again, this recipe calls for Northern Beans, but any white beans would make a good substitute.
- Adjust the thickness of the chili with more or less chicken broth.
- Determine your spice level. This recipe calls for 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, which can easily be adjusted to make a big difference! Another way of altering the spice level is to adjust the amount of sour cream and/or whipping cream. The more cream you use, the less spicy your chili will be.
- Choose your toppings! We love ours topped with shredded cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips, and chopped onion…but the sky is the limit. Add your favorites to make YOUR ideal bowl of chili!
Let’s talk about chili for a minute….shall we? Since it’s winter, and we’re all eating it, and the Super Bowl is just around the corner? There’s so much to love about it – the way it warms you up on a cold day, the fact that it never fails to satisfy, how easily it feeds a crowd – and, maybe most of all, the endless possibilities when it comes to flavor!
We love chili any way we can get it, but of course we have our favorites. Like this 5-Bean Turkey Chili, which is so incredibly satisfying, and this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili, which is especially great for parties. But. Of all the chili recipes out there, this Creamy White Chicken Chili is THE BEST.
It’s our favorite chili recipe, not just because it’s SO easy to make, but because the flavors in it are out of this world delicious! In addition to the white beans and chicken, it has everything from onions to garlic to green chilies and cumin….and just a touch of cayenne pepper at the end.
And since the spice level can be adjusted according to your family’s preferences, it’s equally appealing to adults and kids alike. We serve it with a variety of toppings, like shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, and onions, which means everyone can add what they like. And when it comes to kids, we all know that letting them choose what they like can go a long way!
This Creamy White Chicken Chili is also IDEAL for larger groups and would be perfect for Super Bowl Sunday! I love a recipe you can “set and forget”…and this is definitely one of them. We’ve made it for game days, dinner with friends, and larger family gatherings. Not only does everyone love it, but it has become one of my most requested recipes!
And once you try it, I’m sure you’ll see why. Nothing beats a delicious bowl of chili on a cold winter day….especially when it’s the most amazing White Chicken Chili you’ve ever tasted.
Speaking of larger groups, we had lunch at my parents’ house last weekend, which is always equally fun and completely chaotic. Even though my brother and his family weren’t able to make it, there were still 8 adults and 9 kids. Which makes for a whole lot of food, and fun, and…..noise.
But back to the food….this Creamy White Chicken Chili would be the perfect thing to bring to our next family gathering! (Yes, I’m already thinking ahead to next time!) It’s not always easy to find a dish that everyone will approve of, especially when there are 9 or more picky kids involved.
But there are so many ways to customize this recipe according to different tastes….there’s really no going wrong. Whether you’re a white chili aficionado or trying it for the first time, this Creamy White Chicken Chili recipe is a must try. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 c. shredded cooked chicken, (I used 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 3 15 oz. cans Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can chicken broth
- 8 oz. diced green chilies
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half & half
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken, beans, broth, green chilies, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and half & half.
- Serve with your choice of toppings, including shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, onions, and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 10gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g