Chili Mac is the ultimate combination of two favorites – mac & cheese and chili – and this recipe is the BEST! Made with just 10 ingredients and ready in 20 minutes, it’s a quick and easy dinner recipe the whole family will love.
And you won’t believe just how easy it is to make! One skillet is all you need… no extra pans and no baking time required.
If your family loves good old fashioned comfort food, this recipe is for you!
I partnered with Conagra to bring you this recipe, but all opinions expressed are my own.
Anyone with kids (or a life) knows just how busy weeknights can get. Which is why, as a mom, there’s nothing I love more than an easy dinner.
Now, obviously there are degrees of “easy”… but when I’m talking about this Chili Mac recipe, I mean EASY. We’re talking one pan, ten ingredients, and 20 minutes from start to finish.
And the end result? It’s absolutely delicious. Every single time. Because what’s not to love about mac & cheese and chili all in one meal??
And… just in case it’s not quite easy enough, when you use Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup it’s even more convenient! With just the click of a button, you can order everything you need online and it will be ready for you when you get there.
Once you’re on your way to pick up your order, simply check in on the app so Walmart employees know you’re on your way. Best of all, they’ll deliver your order right to your car!
For this recipe I ordered Hunt’s Tomato Sauce and Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, along with the rest of the ingredients I needed.
Hunt’s Tomato Sauce is the ideal base for this recipe (and any chili recipe) and I love that it’s made with vine-ripened tomatoes and contains no sugar, corn syrup, or other sweeteners.
And the Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies were an obvious choice for that extra bold kick. I love the combination of vine-ripened tomatoes, zesty green chilies, and spices… and it’s the perfect addition to this recipe!
What is Chili Mac?
A dish that combines chili and macaroni as the primary ingredients, topped with cheese and other various toppings. It is especially popular in the Midwest.
Ingredients: (see full recipe below)
- ground beef
- chopped onion
- kidney beans
- Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
- macaroni noodles
- chili powder
- minced garlic
- shredded cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Drain.
- Add kidney beans, Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, Hunt’s Tomato Sauce, dry macaroni, water, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese; cover until melted.
- Substitute ground turkey for the ground beef
- Use prepared mac & cheese in place of dry macaroni (reduce cooking time accordingly)
- Add extra diced green chilies
- Add frozen or canned corn
- Substitute black beans for the kidney beans
- Add additional varieties of beans
- Top with additional toppings, such as diced tomatoes, sour cream, or jalapenos
How do you store leftovers?
Leftovers can be stored, covered, in the same skillet or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze it?
Yes. To freeze, transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer for 3-4 months.
How do you reheat it?
Leftovers can be reheated in a skillet on the stovetop, in a covered dish in the oven, or in the microwave.
If you’re anything like me, easy dinners that everyone loves are hard to come by. But I guarantee… this Chili Mac is one of them.
It’s literally ready in 20 minutes, and it’s one thing I can count on my kids NOT complaining about. Find out for yourself by purchasing Hunt’s and Rotel at Walmart through Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup!
And if your family loves chili, and you’re looking for even more recipe inspiration, visit the Chili Time Microsite!
You might also enjoy these easy dinner recipes:
- 5 Bean Chili
- White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Italian Stuffed Peppers
- Taco Skillet
- Loaded Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 8 oz. can Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 c. dried macaroni
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and chopped onion. Drain grease from pan.
- Add kidney beans, Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, Hunt's Tomato Sauce, dried macaroni noodles, water, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese; cover and let cheese melt 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g