This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Creamy White Chicken Chili – made in a slow cooker and topped with sriracha sauce for an added kick! Perfect for game day or any day!
I know I’m not alone when I say I LOVE football season! Everything from the crisp fall air to the extra time with friends to the excuse to watch TV with the family……and, most importantly, the food! It should come as no surprise that planning the menu is my favorite part of game day, and when I’m looking to plan a Sunday football feast, I know I can find everything I need at Pick ‘n Save!
I especially love when #MyPicknSave teams up with #CollectiveBias and I have the chance to share a delicious Pick ‘n Save-inspired recipe with all of you. White Chicken Chili is one of our long-time favorites for game day, so I just knew this would be the perfect recipe to share. There’s something about the slow-cooked, shredded chicken and the white beans and the creamy broth that screams fall….and when you jazz it up with bacon, peppers, and sriracha…..it has tailgating written all over it!
I made this recipe for the football game this past weekend….and the entire family went crazy for it! Jorden had two huge bowls (despite claiming he wasn’t hungry) and the girls all licked their bowls clean. I love that you can easily adjust the heat by adding more or less sriracha, which makes it completely family-friendly. But my favorite part of all is the fact that I literally made it overnight so I wouldn’t have to mess with it Sunday morning. Perfect for tailgating….especially when the game starts at noon!
Speaking of tailgating, have I mentioned that I’m taking Jorden to the Packer game this Thursday? It will be my first *real* football tailgating experience ever…..and I have yet to give any thought to what we’ll be eating! Maybe I’ll just have to make another batch of White Chicken Chili! After all, there’s rain in the forecast, and nothing sounds better on a cold, rainy night than a big bowl of comfort!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz. bacon, uncooked, chopped (trim fat before adding to crock pot)
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 fresh hatch chiles, chopped OR 2 cans diced green chiles
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 cans Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. heavy cream (recipe can be made lighter by using fat free half & half)
- 1 c. sour cream (recipe can be made lighter by using low fat or fat free)
- Combine chicken, bacon, broth, onion, chiles, garlic, and spices in slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat 6-8 hours.
- Stir in beans, cream, and sour cream and heat through.
- Turn slow cooker to warm and enjoy!