So delicious that you will literally be licking your bowl clean….which is exactly what happened when I made it last week. For some reason, I decided to cut the recipe in half. NOT a good idea!! Jorden and I were both scrounging for more….actually hoping the kids wouldn’t finish theirs so that we could! Ha! The other “problem” when I made it last week? I used turkey bacon instead of real bacon. Which wasn’t a problem for me….but for Jorden, it just wasn’t the same.
So with Father’s Day coming and all, I decided to make it again this week. Because Jorden loves it, of course (it had nothing to do with the fact that I was still craving it!) And this time I used real bacon (for Jorden) and made the full recipe (for Jorden)….and we even had leftovers. Score!! I’m telling you – this is the best cream corn you’ll ever have. And it just might become your new favorite side dish…..or dinner….or both! It’s THAT GOOD.
In advance: roast the poblano pepper by broiling it 2-4 minutes on each side, until skin chars. Remove from oven and place in a medium bowl; cover with saran wrap to loosen skin. Peel skin, remove seeds, and dice.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread corn on a large pan and roast in preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 c. half & half, kosher salt, cayenne and white pepper and bring to a simmer.
4. In a blender, combine the other 1 c. half & half, sugar, cornstarch, and half the corn and puree until smooth.
5. Add mixture from blender to simmering cream mixture on the stove top. Continue to cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. In a large saute pan, combine butter, leek, poblanos and bacon and saute until bacon is cooked through.
Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling….
I hope you feel right at home!