This Caprese Corn Salad combines some of the BEST flavors of summer in one delicious side dish!
Fresh sweet corn meets the classic flavor combination of tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella. Dressed in a light vinaigrette, this corn salad is the perfect side dish for any meal.
It can be enjoyed all on its own or topped with grilled chicken or shrimp for a light yet satisfying dish. If you love corn salad, you’ll love this easy, flavorful summer twist!
When it comes to summer, there are certain foods that we just can’t do without. Like watermelon and strawberries and lemonade and corn on the cob. We look forward to them all year long….not just because they go hand in hand with warm weather and sunshine, but because they literally taste better in summer.
There’s nothing like the taste of fresh corn right off the cob, but what you might not know is that it makes the perfect start to a delicious summer salad, too. We love using fresh sweet corn in this Bacon Blue Cheese Corn Salad and this Fresh Corn Salsa, and it pairs beautifully with the flavors in this Caprese Corn Salad.
There’s something about the sweetness of the corn, mixed with fresh basil, grape tomatoes, and creamy mozzarella cheese, that’s a match made in heaven. Not only does it scream summer, but it’s a flavor combination that was clearly just meant to be.
This Caprese Corn Salad is the perfect picnic salad, barbecue side dish, or addition to any pot luck. It’s quick to prepare, easy to transport, and can be made in advance for stress-free summer entertaining.
It also makes an amazing dip, bruschetta, or topping for grilled chicken, steak, or salmon. Basically any way you eat it, it’s delicious. Because it’s caprese + sweet corn!
What’s not to love!?
WHAT IS CAPRESE?
Caprese is an Italian salad made of tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella, and seasoned with salt, olive oil, and vinegar.
WHAT IS CAPRESE CORN SALAD?
Caprese Corn Salad is a simple salad made of fresh corn, grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and chopped basil, tossed in a light vinaigrette. It’s a delicious summer twist on the classic caprese salad.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CAPRESE CORN SALAD?
- Remove the husks from 6 ears of corn. Place each ear in a large bowl and use a knife to cut the corn off from each cob.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add corn kernels and cook over medium-high heat approx. 3 minutes, just long enough to remove the starchiness from the corn.
- Transfer corn from the pan back into the bowl and let cool.
- Add 1 c. grape tomatoes, 8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls, 1/2 c. finely chopped red onion, and 1/3 c. chopped basil.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Chill until ready to serve.
HOW DO YOU EAT CAPRESE CORN SALAD?
Caprese Corn Salad makes a delicious side dish. It can also be eaten as a main dish with shrimp, salmon, or chicken. Other possibilities include eating it on top of grilled meats or bruschetta or as a dip with tortilla chips.
HOW LONG WILL CAPRESE CORN SALAD KEEP?
This salad will taste best if eaten within 24 hours, but it will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- 6 ears corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 1/3 c. chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Remove husks and cut corn off from the cob.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook corn approximately 3 minutes to remove starchiness.
- Transfer corn into a large bowl and set aside to cool..
- Once cool, add tomatoes, onion, mozzarella, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad; chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g