Make the most of summer sweet corn with this delicious Fresh Corn Salad.
Packed with fresh basil, chopped walnuts, creamy goat cheese, and red onion, this salad is an unexpectedly delicious flavor combination that’s perfect for summer.
It’s easy to make and ideal for picnics, parties, or weekend grilling. If you love sweet corn, this recipe is a must-make…and just in time for 4th of July!
I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
Sweet corn. It’s one of those things we wait for all year long. Because even though you can buy it frozen….or canned….there’s something about fresh corn on the cob that’s next level.
It’s crunchy and sweet and fun to eat, and it really does taste different. Better. SO much better.
And as much as I love it doused in butter and straight from the cob, I also really love making salads with it. Why not let it mingle with some other delicious ingredients and have some fun…am I right?
This salad is the perfect combination of fun flavors, and even though it’s simple, it’s anything but boring. Between the fresh basil and the crunchy walnuts and the crumbled goat cheese, it covers all the flavor bases. And the light balsamic vinaigrette is the ideal finish.
Best of all, I found all the ingredients for it at Pick ‘n Save. I love that when I shop at Pick ‘n Save, I know I’ll always find what I’m looking for. And I know it will taste amazing! Their produce is always fresh and flavorful, which is exactly what this salad is all about.
- 4 ears of sweet corn
- crumbled goat cheese
- fresh basil
- chopped walnuts
- red onion
- olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Cut corn off the cob and sauté it in olive oil to remove starchiness.
- Chop red onion and basil.
- Combine corn, basil, goat cheese, walnuts, and red onion.
- Combine ingredients for dressing; shake well and pour over salad.
- Stir to combine.
How to cut corn off the cob:
- Peel the husks and silks off the ear of corn.
- Break or cut off the stem.
- Hold the corn right side up on a cutting board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut down all the way from the top to the bottom of the cob. (*aim for 2/3 of the depth of the kernels. You don’t want to cut too close.)
- Repeat in sections until all the corn is removed.
- Blanch the corn in boiling water before cutting it off the cob.
- Char the corn on the grill or stovetop before combining ingredients.
- Substitute pecans or pine nuts for the walnuts.
- Substitute feta or parmesan cheese for the goat cheese.
- Use an alternate fresh herb, such as mint or cilantro, in place of the basil.
- Make this recipe year round with frozen or canned sweet corn.
To make it in advance:
This Fresh Corn Salad is easy to make in advance. The best way to do so is to prepare the salad according to the recipe, but keep the vinaigrette separate. Just before serving, drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and enjoy!
How to store it:
This recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
More corn recipes:
- Caprese Corn Salad
- Bacon Blue Cheese Corn Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Quinoa
- Fresh Corn Salsa
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Corn Dip
- Creamy Corn Chowder
- Skillet Corn with Browned Butter & Sage
- Cowboy Caviar
1. Remove corn from cob. Saute in 2 Tbsp. olive oil for 3-5 minutes to remove starchiness. 2. Set aside to cool. 3. Once cooled, add walnuts, goat cheese, basil, and red onion. Stir to combine. 4. In a small container with a lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. 5. Shake well and drizzle over salad. 6. Stir to combine.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
1. Remove corn from cob. Saute in 2 Tbsp. olive oil for 3-5 minutes to remove starchiness.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. Once cooled, add walnuts, goat cheese, basil, and red onion. Stir to combine.
4. In a small container with a lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
5. Shake well and drizzle over salad.
6. Stir to combine.