As much as I hate to admit this (don’t judge) one of the hardest things for me about being pregnant is not being able to have a drink. Don’t get me wrong – I am mostly a social drinker who loves a good glass of wine – and I can certainly make it through nine months without one…..but that doesn’t mean it feels easy! Especially on special occasions, like my birthday (which was just last week) or Thanksgiving (which is just a few weeks away), or Christmas (which will be here before we know it!)
Orange Cranberry Sauce
Orange Spiced Cranberry Sauce
- 1 12 ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 12 ounce bags fresh cranberries
- 4 oranges segmented (peel and pith cut off; oranges cut into segments)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- In a medium saucepan, combine thawed orange juice concentrate and sugar; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add cranberries, oranges, and spices; reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking 8 minutes or until cranberries burst.
- Cool slightly; then chill, covered, in refrigerator.
- *Can be made up to 2 days in advance.