This Low Carb Taco Skillet is the ultimate healthy dinner recipe!
Made with simple, fresh ingredients, this one pan meal comes together quickly and is a delicious alternative to traditional tacos.
Whether you’re eating healthier in the new year or just maintaining a low carb lifestyle, this Taco Skillet is a must try. It’s an easy one pan meal the whole family will enjoy!
HOW DO YOU MAKE LOW CARB TACO SKILLET?
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble 1 lb. of ground turkey.
- Stir in 12 oz. frozen riced cauliflower, 1/4 c. taco seasoning, and 1/4 c. water. Cook, stirring, until cauliflower is heated through.
- Remove from heat and top with 1 c. shredded lettuce, 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes, 1 diced avocado, 1/4 c. black beans, 1/4 c. finely shredded cheese, and 2 Tbsp. red onion.
- Garnish with minced cilantro.
WHAT OTHER TOPPINGS COULD YOU USE?
- black olives
- sour cream
WHAT MAKES THIS LOW CARB?
This Taco Skillet starts with a base of ground turkey and riced cauliflower, which is a deliciously satisfying low carb combo. Topped with fresh veggies, black beans, and shredded cheese, this recipe maximizes flavor while minimizing carbs.
WHAT IS RICED CAULIFLOWER?
Riced Cauliflower is cauliflower that has been grated or pulsed in a food processor until it resembles grains of rice. It can be made at home using this technique or can be found in the frozen section of your local grocery store.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REHEAT THIS DISH?
The best way to reheat this Taco Skillet is to separate the fresh vegetables from the turkey mixture. The turkey can be reheated in a microwave or stovetop and then topped with the fresh (unheated) vegetables.
Ah, the new year. Did you make any resolutions? Have you been sticking with them?
I have to admit…I’m really not big on New Years resolutions. Sure, I’d like to eat a little healthier than I did over the holidays. And maybe get back into a good exercise routine while I’m at it.
But formal promises? I never make them. Because we all know the minute you tell yourself you can’t have something…suddenly that’s the only thing you want! Am I right??
Which is why I’d rather just make small changes. Like making healthier versions of my favorite recipes…and tricking myself into believing I haven’t changed a thing! And what better way to start than with tacos!?
Made with ground turkey, riced cauliflower, taco seasoning, and a handful of other ingredients, this skillet meal is packed with flavor and ready in under 15 minutes.
It’s so delicious…you’ll never even feel like you’re eating healthy. And since it’s all made in one pan, clean up couldn’t be easier.
Best of all, this Taco Skillet can easily be customized according to your family’s tastes. You can substitute ground beef or shredded chicken for the ground turkey, and you can add or substitute toppings as desired.
When it comes to healthy dinner recipes, this is one of our family’s latest favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
You might also enjoy these low carb recipes!
- Quinoa Taco Soup
- Quinoa Taco Bowls
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
- Chicken Piccata
- Grilled Steak
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 12 oz. frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/4 c. taco seasoning
- 1 c. chopped lettuce
- 1/2 c. diced tomatoes
- 1 diced avocado
- 1/4 c. black beans
- 1/4 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. diced onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble ground turkey.
- Stir in riced cauliflower, taco seasoning, and 1/4 c. water. Cook, stirring, until cauliflower is heated through.
- Remove from heat and top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, black beans, cheese, and onion.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 548mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g