These Banana Blueberry Muffins are a staple for a quick and easy breakfast. They combine two fruit favorites in one delicious muffin that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or anytime! Perfect portable snack!
So. Today is not just any ordinary Thursday. No, it’s a special day for us around here…..a day that we’ve been thinking about for weeks and counting down since the weekend. (Drumroll, please.) Today is the day we go to the Kalahari!!! Are you jumping up and down for joy? Are you cheering with excitement at your computer? No??? I don’t blame you. Because even though we’ve been to waterparks a thousand times, and even though we keep going back, I wouldn’t exactly say I *love* them.
4 days spent with 4 kids in 1 hotel room? Countless hours spent in my swimsuit with hundreds of strangers? Trekking back and forth between the pool and the room, dripping wet and shivering cold? Not exactly the most fun things I could imagine. Ahh, the things we do for our kids. All I can say is it’s a good thing I like them.
Of course, waterpark adventures aren’t ALL bad. In fact, the truth is I’m actually looking forward to our little getaway! Because even though it involves swimsuits and wetness, it also involves family time, fun, and maybe even a little relaxation. We’ll play some games, we’ll watch some movies, we’ll lounge in our jammies, and, of course, we’ll eat our way through the next 4 days. Starting with these delicious Banana Blueberry Muffins.
Banana Blueberry Muffins – a delicious snack
Yes, I made these muffins specifically for our getaway….plus a few extras for right away. And I have to say – the minute we bit into them, we were in love. These Banana Blueberry Muffins are packed with banana flavor, bursting with blueberries, and topped with a delicious streusel. And that doesn’t even cover the glaze. From start to finish, Banana Blueberry Muffins are sure to become a new family favorite. At home OR at the waterpark!
Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1/2 c. sour cream can substitute plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 c. mashed bananas
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries I used 2 cups
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. half & half or milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg lightly.
- Stir in milk, oil, sour cream, and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add all at once to liquid mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries (if frozen, toss in a small amount of flour first to coat).
- Grease 2 muffin tins. Fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Prepare streusel by combining flour, sugar, and melted butter; mix with a fork until coarse crumbs form.
- Top muffin batter with streusel mixture and press down gently.
- Bake at 400 degrees 20-25 minutes or until centers are set and edges are beginning to brown.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over muffins.
For more great blueberry breakfast ideas, try my Blueberry Pie smoothie
For more great recipes, be sure to follow us on Facebook!