Triple Chocolate Raspberry Mousse is a rich and decadent dessert that is sure to wow your family or guests! This smooth and silky mousse is perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion.
Is it just me, or is it hard to believe that Valentine’s Day is just a week away?? It feels like just yesterday that we were taking down the tree and putting away the ornaments….and now we’re just 8 days away from glitter, hearts, valentines, and chocolate! Of course, around here, none of that is too far from the ordinary. We love our crafts and have been knee-deep in glitter and hearts for the past month….and we are no strangers to delicious desserts, either! BUT. Valentine’s Day is special. And Valentine’s Day desserts need to be extra special!
Like Chocolate Mousse! I’ve been CRAVING chocolate lately, and especially chocolate I can eat by the spoonful. And…what better way to enjoy Valentine’s Day than with a rich, velvety, chocolatey dessert??
Now for the fun part. Although I was lucky enough to shop alone (NO KIDS!) the minute they saw these ingredients they knew something delicious was in store. And they wanted to be part of it! Since Valentine’s Day is a family affair around here…and something we’ve been preparing for all month….I knew this was one dessert I could not keep them away from. I also knew I would have to make it immediately….or they might go crazy with anticipation!
Confession time: I’ve never made chocolate mousse before. I had no idea how quick and easy it would actually be! I guess when something seems fancy you just assume it’s going to take some time……but not at all! Luckily, I had a great recipe passed on to me by Jorden’s Aunt Sue….who just happens to own a restaurant in Michigan. Yep, this mousse is GOOD! Within minutes it was chilling in the refrigerator (definitely the hardest part for the kiddos) and within an hour it was ready to be eaten.
It. Was. HEAVENLY. Everyone agreed….and gobbled it right up! I can’t wait to make it again – for just Jorden and me – on Valentine’s Day! I have a few additions in mind, like those sliced almonds that the kids vetoed, but truthfully it needs nothing different.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons meltable chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 min. to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Combine sugar and cocoa powder in small mixing bowl; add heavy cream and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until stiff peaks form; pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well-blended.
- Spoon into serving dishes; chill 1 hour.
- Combine cocoa powder and sugar in small saucepan; blend in evaporated milk.
- Add butter.
- Cook and stir constantly until mixture just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spoon over chilled mousse; top with fresh raspberries, whipped cream, chocolate pieces, and sliced almonds (optional).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 742Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 92gFiber: 3gSugar: 85gProtein: 8g