These Spinach Goat Cheese Sun Dried Tomato Pinwheels are the perfect appetizer! Packed with delicious flavor and SO easy to make, they're ideal for cocktail parties, picnics, ladies nights, or even dinner!
So. In general, I really don't love the idea of getting stuck in the past. Ideally, I would say that every stage is wonderful and I would embrace them all fully. But. I also think that everyone kind of has their "glory days". You know what I mean? The stage when everything really is wonderful? (or at least that's how you look back on it?)
For me, I would say it was my mid - late 20's. I was married, had just bought a house, was starting a family, and could finally do the whole adulting thing. And I loved it. I had a book club, mommy friends, a "real" job, and the feeling that I was rocking life.
And then....we had more kids and we moved houses and I started working from home and the kids got older and the book club failed.....and that whole adulting thing? Well, it got old. And cocktail parties became a non-entity and dinner with friends became a distant memory and play dates with mommy friends? Not anymore. All the moms are too busy!
Well, these Spinach Goat Cheese Sun Dried Tomato Pinwheels remind me of those days. The "good old days". Because they're quick and easy, but totally adult-ish. Loaded with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes and spinach and pine nuts and perfect for enjoying with a glass of wine. Or at book club. Or a cocktail party.
I can see my 26 year old self making these Spinach Goat Cheese Sun Dried Tomato Pinwheels ALL THE TIME. And you know what? I might just do it anyway. Because even though I'm not 26....there's no denying that spinach + goat cheese + sun dried tomato is one of the best combos ever. And I could use a revival of the good old days....even if it's only in my food.
- 2 8-10 inch flour tortillas
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ c. crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. sun dried tomato oil, oil from sun dried tomato jar
- ⅓ c. sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ c. spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ¼ c. crumbled goat cheese, and sun dried tomato oil. Mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on tortillas.
- Top with sun dried tomatoes, chopped spinach, pine nuts, and remaining goat cheese.
- Start on one end and roll tortilla tightly.
- Cut into 1 ½ inch pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g