Nothing says summer like fresh peaches, and this Peach Crisp is the BEST. Made with sweet ripe peaches and the most delicious brown sugar topping, it’s the ultimate summer dessert… and couldn’t be easier to make!
There are some things we wait for all year long… and fresh peaches are one of them. They’re one of our favorite parts of summer, and once they’re in season, you better believe we buy WAY too many of them.
Of course, we love eating them just as is… but they also make the most amazing desserts. Like this delicious Peach Crisp!
There’s something about the combination of fresh baked fruit with a sweet crunchy topping that gets me every time. And when you serve it warm and top it with creamy vanilla ice cream? It’s absolutely dreamy.
There are so many different crisp recipes out there, but this one is hands down the BEST. It’s perfectly sweet and crunchy with a healthy dose of cinnamon, and it’s the perfect complement to the baked fruit underneath.
Best of all, it’s SO easy to make… which leaves you with more time to enjoy everything else summer has to offer!
- 4 c. sliced peaches (5-6 fresh)
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Placed sliced peaches in an 8×8 inch baking pan. (I chose to leave the skin on, but you can peel yours if you prefer.)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix until large crumbs form.
- Spoon mixture over sliced peaches.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until top is crispy and golden brown.
🍋 Recipe variations
- Use a combination of fruits, including peaches, strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries
- Squeeze 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice over peaches and add lemon zest
- Substitute granulated sugar for the brown sugar
- Add 1/2 c. chopped pecans or almonds to the topping
- Use 4 c. canned, drained peaches in place of fresh
- Add 1/2 c. white chocolate chips to the topping
- Garnish with fresh mint
Leftovers can be stored, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This recipe can be prepped in advance and frozen until you’re ready to bake it. Simply follow the instructions but don’t bake it. Then store it, covered, in the freezer for up to 3 months. To bake, preheat oven to 350°, remove cover, and bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbly.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g