I partnered with Farm Rich to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
Mac and Cheese has always been one of our family’s favorites. And really… what’s not to love?? It’s creamy and cheesy and oh so satisfying… and when you combine it with Italian cheeses and seasonings? It’s pretty much the best thing ever.
This Italian Mac and Cheese is made with a combination of Mozzarella, Parmesan, and cream cheese and seasoned with a blend of Italian seasonings. But the best part of all is the Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites on top! 100% real Mozzarella cheese wrapped in a soft pizzeria crust, they’re a good source of calcium and protein… and so delicious!
Farm Rich frozen snacks have always been a favorite of ours. They’re made with quality, wholesome ingredients, are easy to prepare, and there are so many delicious options to choose from. Like Mozzarella Sticks, Chicken Bites, Potato Skins, Mozzarella Bites, Meatballs and more. Not only do they make amazing snacks, but they’re a great addition to mealtime, too, and many are microwavable. We always keep a few boxes on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
Farm Rich frozen snacks are available at grocery stores across the U.S., and you can also order them online through Instacart, AmazonFresh, Walmart, Peapod, Kroger, Shipt, and more. They’re the perfect option for busy people… and they’re my new favorite snack partner!
- 1/2 c. salted butter
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 5 c. whole milk
- 8 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 lb. macaroni noodles
- 1 package Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Make the roux by combining melted butter and flour in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring, 5-6 minutes until thickened.
- Make the cheese sauce by adding seasonings and milk and cooking until thick and bubbly. Stir in the cheese.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake the mac & cheese and Mozzarella Bites at 375° (follow instructions on package).
- Remove from oven; top mac & cheese with Mozzarella Bites. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.
🍅 Recipe variations
- Stir in 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken or cooked, crumbled Italian sausage
- Use any combination of Italian cheese, including Mozzarella, Provolone, Fontina, Parmesan, or Asiago
- Substitute dried oregano or basil for the Italian seasoning
- Omit Italian seasoning and add 1/2 c. prepared pesto
- Top with bruschetta or diced tomatoes
- Serve with marinara sauce
🌡 Storing & freezing
Leftovers can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, add milk and stir. Mac & Cheese can be reheated in the oven at 375° or in a saucepan on the stove.
This recipe can also be made ahead and frozen for later use. To make ahead, prepare according to recipe instructions, but instead of baking, pour it into a 9×13 inch pan and cover tightly with foil. Freeze for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to use it, keep it covered with foil and pop it in a 375° oven for 1 hour and then top with cooked Mozzarella Bites.
🥪 More Italian-style recipes
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g