Fruit Pizza is a dessert FAVORITE… and this grape version is such a delicious twist! It combines 3 types of grapes on a sugar cookie crust with sweetened cream cheese, melted white chocolate, and chopped pecans. If you’re looking for a fun new dessert idea, this Grape Fruit Pizza is sure to be a hit!
If you ask me, you can never have too many dessert recipes. Especially desserts that are good for feeding a crowd. Because even though everyone loves brownies and cupcakes and apple pie… sometimes you just want to mix things up. And this Grape Fruit Pizza is the perfect way to do it!
A deliciously buttery sugar cookie crust topped with sweetened cream cheese, 3 types of grapes, melted white chocolate, and chopped pecans… it’s a show-stopping twist on traditional fruit pizza… and easy to make without breaking the bank!
The perfect dessert for summer picnics, pot lucks, or any special occasion… if you love grapes, this one’s for you!
Sugar cookie dough – I used refrigerated sugar cookie dough for ease and convenience. You can substitute a different flavor of refrigerated dough or use your favorite homemade recipe.
Cream cheese – This recipe calls for 8 ounces of cream cheese. I used full fat, but you can substitute a lowfat version if you’d like. Either way, be sure to bring it to room temperature before mixing it.
Sugar – I used granulated sugar to sweeten the cream cheese. Brown sugar would also be delicious, or you could use a combination of the two.
Vanilla extract – Vanilla adds a delicious layer of flavor to the cream cheese filling. I would definitely recommend pure vanilla extract if you have it!
Grapes – Since grapes are the star of the show, I decided to use 3 different colors of grapes: red, green, and black. No matter what color(s) you use, be sure they’re seedless and be sure to wash & dry them completely before arranging them on the pizza.
White chocolate – I used white chocolate candy coating (Candiquik), but you can also use melted white chocolate chips.
Chopped pecans – Pecans are completely optional, but they add a nice little crunch to the fruit pizza. You an also substitute another type of nuts or feel free to omit them altogether.
How to make Grape Fruit Pizza
Make the crust – Press the cookie dough into a greased 10-12 inch pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven and cool completely.
Mix the cream cheese layer – In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Cut the grapes – Wash and dry the grapes, then cut them in half lengthwise.
Assemble the pizza – Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled sugar cookie crust. Arrange the grapes over the cream cheese layer as desired.
Top with white chocolate & pecans – Drizzle with melted white chocolate and finely chopped pecans.
- Use any type of cookie crust
- Substitute a crescent roll crust
- Use any color or combination of grapes
- Add additional fruits
- Substitute almond extract for vanilla
- Omit the white chocolate and sprinkle with powdered sugar instead
More grape recipes you’ll love
- 16 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups black grapes, halved
- 1 ounce white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Press the cookie dough into a greased 12 inch pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven and cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling, combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the grapes, then cut them in half lengthwise.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled sugar cookie crust. Arrange the grapes over the cream cheese layer as desired.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate and finely chopped pecans.